Thread: Tony G./Autobahn's craftsmanship

Tony G./Autobahn's craftsmanship

I followed the advice of the experts here and went through the hassle of sending seats all the way across the country to Autobahn. Wow, was it worth the effort. My original brown plaid seats had stretched and sagged and were just awful. Tony did his magic and "rebuilt" them by restitching the pleats with new horsehair underneath as well as repairing two torn seams at the side beads by using doner material from other old seats in for total replacement. It resulted in seats that look and feel like new. I even sorced the correct brown plaid material from a european member but I will save it to use on the Sport Seats Tony is doing next in the same color combination. I also restored the hardware by powder coating the bracket base and replating the bolts and slider locally. He's the man! Daron
    Attached Images Attached Images   

Very nice, hopefully we'll get to see them first hand on a North Carolina ride sometime.
    Tom Morgan
    Charlotte, NC
    '18 Carrera T - R #368, S #692
    1973 Giulia Super 1.3

Daron...Do I detect some joy here? Wow! A well deserved plug. Also, I tip my hat to you for putting the effort into a pair of standard seats. Way to go!
    Paul D. Early S Registry #8 - Cyclops Minister of West Coast Affairs
    "Now, to put a water-cooled engine in the rear and to have the radiator in the front, that's not very intelligent." -Ferry Porsche (PANO, Oct. 1973)

Tony did this seat (part of a pair) for a 67S softie for me.

And so you have a reference to just how good Erik's seats are from Tony, here is an NOS never mounted in a car brand spanking new (68 I presume Erik?) Recaro