Thread: Looking: Window frames and vent windows with GOOD CHROME

Unhappy Looking: Window frames and vent windows with GOOD CHROME

Well, I finally stripped the paint off of one of my blacked out vent window's chrome and lo and behold, it was scratched to pieces when sanded for prep. This means my effort to get my blacked out car back to original has hit a major snag.

Does anybody have some nice chrome window frames that are correct for a '69? How about some nice vent windows? If you do, PM with how much it would take to part you from them.

Thanks!
    Kenik
    - 1969 911S
    - 1965/66 911
    - S Reg #760
    - RGruppe #389

I have a pair of rear pop outs for a 911, however I m in the UK..to far for you?
    70 Carrera RS Clone

Knowing how much I have had to charge guys in the UK to ship parts, I am hesitant. Let me see what I can come up with locally first.
    Thanks so much!
    Kenik
    - 1969 911S
    - 1965/66 911
    - S Reg #760
    - RGruppe #389

?

Uncertain what you are looking for BUT I do have a pair of brass based coupe window frames WITH smoking windows..... this is obviously out of an earlier car but I do believe they can work on your 69.

Parts are in Issaquah.

Interesting. Now I need to decide how anal retentive I am about originality...
    PM me a price?
    Kenik
    - 1969 911S
    - 1965/66 911
    - S Reg #760
    - RGruppe #389

.-.,->|

Ok, the frames are in very good shape w/ only minor (polishable) oxidation.... here's the thing though - someone raped the wing windows - BUT I have another set sitting in a set of targa vent window set up.

I am 99% that the wing windows will swap out... but I lose two parts so to speak.

I do not care to make a profit on the stuff but let me see what I got into them.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Angry

The vent windows will swap out, just make sure you get all of the small screws and attachment parts. And make sure you spray a ton of WD40 on the screws and let them sit a day before going at them. They can be a PITA to get off - and you don't want to strip them!

If you are still looking...I have a pair of chrome frames with the vent windows. Decided not to use the vent windows on my 73 restoration. I paid $150 for the pair and will let them go for the same.
    73RS Clone
    S Reg #757

I bought Alex's as he only lives a few miles from me. Thanks again for the offer!
    Kenik
    - 1969 911S
    - 1965/66 911
    - S Reg #760
    - RGruppe #389