Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: T gas milage

T gas milage

What kind of gas milage are you getting from the T? Any difference between the 73.5 T and earlier ones?
    '73S coupe (aver. 14-15 mpg)

You are doing well at 14-15mpg

I am guessing 10-14mpg if I am lucky
    (1972 T and E)

Most of the gas ends up in my lungs, clothes and garage......

Question

Russianblue,
    Sounds like you should think about installing an MSD CD Box. It got rid of all my gas smell and I get a clean burn now. Have never figured out gas milage difference though, but it has to be significant. They say that a hard driven 2.4S should onbly get around 14-15mpg. With the 10-14 you are getting and all the gas smell, it would seem that your ignition system should be looked at.

20 to 25 mpg with a CIS T. I got over 25 mpg on one easy highway trip.
    Tom F.
    Long Beach, CA

On Hwy 1 thru Big Sur I got 19 mpg. Around town 18 mpg. On long open roads I get 23 mpg doing 80-85 all day. Mine is a 1971 T with Webers. I generally shift around 4,200 rpms and seldom go over 5,000 rpms.

Hi

I have a 911T 2.2 1970. It sounds great!

However I find it smells of petrol most of the time, it's certainly running a bit rich.

The engine refuses to idle and it makes it easy to stall when first setting off without going upto about 2500 rpm. When I come to a stop too, at traffic lights for instance it also idles poorly - often stalling unless I keep the revs up at about 2500 - 3000

Can someone help me out? What's the problem?
    Is it normal to rev it this much just to crawl forward in first!?

Red face 911 t

Hi

I have a 911T 2.2 1970. It sounds great!

However I find it smells of petrol most of the time, it's certainly running a bit rich.

The engine refuses to idle and it makes it easy to stall when first setting off without going upto about 2500 rpm. When I come to a stop too, at traffic lights for instance it also idles poorly - often stalling unless I keep the revs up at about 2500 - 3000

Can someone help me out? What's the problem?
    Is it normal to rev it this much just to crawl forward in first!?

You should probably not hijack this thread with your idle problem, but since you asked if you are smelling gas i would not drive the car. That's how a fire could start. Smelling gas could mean a leak anywhere from the filler neck to the carbs -- you would need to check the entire system of hoses, filters, connections, gas tank. A lack of idle could be a dozen things, but if the carbs are leaking then it sounds like a carb rebuild is a good place to start. Good luck and no smoking.

I'm sorry. I'm new to this and PC's, i think I clicked the button twice instead of once - I didn't mean for the message to print so many times.

I said it smells of petrol because it does - it isn't leaking though - just running rich and not idleing.

Sorry again.

Weber carbs running rich

Hello; What I would do is check your float level on all these cars first. Also you may have a float that has fuel in it so the carbs are overflowing with gas. It is fine if they run rich, just using more fuel to cool it and more torque as well. If the cars are not idling also check the idle jets to make sure they are not plugged. Good luck on you projects. Thanks Eric