Thread: COA question

COA question

The COA for my 1973.5 911T Coupe (VIN#9113102270) lists the optional equipment as: U.S Equipment, Light Metal Wheels, Stabilizer Bars, Ornamental Strip on Wheel Moldings, Comfort Equipment For '911', White Fog Lights, Green Tinted glass, Power Windows, 'Michelin Tires.' Most of these options are self explanatory, but what I'm really interested in knowing is what does the Comfort Equipment For '911' group include for my model year car. It seems that no-one really knows exactly what this option includes. I've been told that this option means the car came with 14" wheels, higher profile tires, and hydrolastic suspension. I don't think this is correct for the 1973 model year. The hydrolastic suspension, I believe, had been discontinued by 1973, and my car has what I think are 5 correct date coded 15' fuchs wheels (light metal wheels), that I believe are original to the car. It has a Boge shock torsion bar front suspension. Can you help me to know what the Comfort Equipment option was, and what equipment it would have included on my car in combination with the other options on my car, for the 1973 model year? Many thanks for considering my request, and any information that you can be provide. Have a good day!

Redz:

The COA for my 73E Targa also lists Light Metal Wheels and Comfort Package.

I was told that the light metal wheels refers to Cookie Cutter wheels, and that the Comfort Package refers to the Hydropneumatic Suspension.

larry
    Early 911S Registry Member #537

73 - Viper Green 911E Targa - Kermit - Gone but not forgotten

Kermit's Short Story and Pix on the 911E Website

06 - Lexus IS250 MT6
    98 - Volvo 70V XC