Thread: Chicago Concours July, 05

Chicago Concours July, 05

I always like it when you guys post pictures of nice cars from your get-togethers, so here goes a Chicago Get together.

Several weeks ago, the Chicago Region PCA had a picnic and Concours out in the Chicago Boonies. I hadn't prepared Kermit for an inspection, so I just stopped by to see friends and look at cars. Here are some pix of the early cars that were in attendance.

Hard to comment too much, since I really don't know anything about these cars. I have always liked Aubergine. Maybe it's because I like eggplant as well. Such a rich purple color, and this one shows it off well.

larry
    Attached Images Attached Images   
    Early 911S Registry Member #537

73 - Viper Green 911E Targa - Kermit - Gone but not forgotten

Kermit's Short Story and Pix on the 911E Website

06 - Lexus IS250 MT6
    98 - Volvo 70V XC

This, I believe, is a 71 T, owned by our own Christian (Gassy). If I remember correctly, he told me that it was original paint. He joined us at Taj, and he was here with his car. It looked just fantastic. I was especially impressed with the quality of the original 2.2L sticker on the rear window.

larry

06 - Lexus IS250 MT6
    98 - Volvo 70V XC

This yellow Bahama Breeze was really pretty. It had houndstooth seats that looked like the real thing, and a really pretty paint job. The only thing that I couldn't figure was the style of Rubber Baby Bumpers for the front bumper. I took a close up look at them. Sure look different from mine. And it was a 73, at least I thought so.

And it had the nicest set of cookie cutters that I have seen in a long time. Almost makes you want to trade in those Fuchs for something a bit more unusual -- I said ALMOST.

larry

06 - Lexus IS250 MT6
    98 - Volvo 70V XC

This car is a racer. He uses his car for AutoX, and he does a great job with it. I don't know the details on the engine, but he is really serious about his craft. He arrives at AutoX with good Ole #2 in a trailer. A step up from us peons that have to drive ours to the track. But he's a great guy, and a really pretty car.

larry

06 - Lexus IS250 MT6
    98 - Volvo 70V XC