Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789

Thread: 911r

More History

911R was raced white with orange stripe RACE #32 by cullen crabbe(buster;s son) FOR JIM COOKE RACING. Cullen claims he raced against peter gregg in the 914/6gt and beat him,also at one time THE CAR held the track record at riverside,bob sharp planned on filing PROTEST BUT SHARP BEAT HIM IN THE RACE AND DROPPED THE PROTEST...........stay tuned more to come

$425K that would be a nice down payment on a home here in LA. Interested in doing a deal
    Early 911S Registry #750
    1970 911E - The Good Stuff
    2001 Toyota Landcruiser

Quote Originally Posted by boxster03
    $425K that would be a nice down payment on a home here in LA. Interested in doing a deal
    Hell, it would buy a decent starter home in suburban Chicago. Let's see Frank, you want to move to Chicago? Hmmmm, maybe Judy would consider a nice 911R as a retirement home.

I have a feeling that if I even suggested doing something like this, she would place me in a retirement home.

larry
    Early 911S Registry Member #537

73 - Viper Green 911E Targa - Kermit - Gone but not forgotten

Kermit's Short Story and Pix on the 911E Website

06 - Lexus IS250 MT6
    98 - Volvo 70V XC

Hey Frank,

I think my friend Les Gunnarson might have owned your car for about a year in '69 or '70 …he showed me an old color pic and it looked light ivory with an orange strip….. He said at one time it raced in Italy.

Les is a 'street car' kind'a guy and said the R was in race tune and had the Nurbrugring top end gear set in it and was impossible to drive on the street…. He sold it within a year...

I'll find out for sure...

Cheers,
    Chuck Miller
    Creative Advisor/Message Board Moderator - Early 911S Registry #109
    R Gruppe #88

TYP901 #62
    '73S cpe #1099 - Matched # 2.7/9.5 RS spec rebuild
    '67 Malibu 327 spt cpe - Period 350 Rebuild

’98 Chevy S-10 – Utility
    ’15 GTI – Commuter

les gunnarson

chuck,the info I'm getting is that it was sold new out of vasek's and the fellow who bought it got into some legal problems and returned it to vasek,then bought by Cullen Crabbe who I'm told Cullen put the orange stripe.Still doing research,so it's worth while following up,and possible obtaining the photo. ANY help is greatly appreciated.By the way is Les an AFRICAN-American.Bill Lanphear thinks the first owner was a black IMSA driver

Nope Frank,

Les GUNNARSON is a Svenc/Norsc originally out of Minnesota... now in Orange, CA.

Les also has a 550, a 904, and about 60 vintage motorcycles - about 10 of which are show condition... and he's working on the rest...

Cheers,
    Chuck Miller
    Creative Advisor/Message Board Moderator - Early 911S Registry #109
    R Gruppe #88

TYP901 #62
    '73S cpe #1099 - Matched # 2.7/9.5 RS spec rebuild
    '67 Malibu 327 spt cpe - Period 350 Rebuild

’98 Chevy S-10 – Utility
    ’15 GTI – Commuter

Quote Originally Posted by larry47us
    Hmmmm, maybe Judy would consider a nice 911R as a retirement home.
    You can live in your car, but can't race your house.
    Joe
    Now - 1993 C2
    Past - 1968 911L

NORDIC-african american

Chuck thanks for your efforts...........I don't think Les owned #19

Quote Originally Posted by fg1227
    chuck,the info I'm getting is that it was sold new out of vasek's and the fellow who bought it got into some legal problems and returned it to vasek,then bought by Cullen Crabbe who I'm told Cullen put the orange stripe.Still doing research,so it's worth while following up,and possible obtaining the photo. ANY help is greatly appreciated.By the way is Les an AFRICAN-American.Bill Lanphear thinks the first owner was a black IMSA driver

Willy T. Ribbs???

Good luck,

Tom
    Early S Registry #235
    rgruppe #111

all the owners

not Willy T. BUT BOB BARNES WAS THE AFRICAN AMERICA imsa DRIVER;HE WAS THE FIRST OWNER OF MY 911r#19 SOLD OUT OF VASEK's;SO NOW I HAVE ALL THE OWNERS AND DATES 3 US OWNERS BEFORE JAPAN THEN ME;STILL WORKING ON THE RACE HISTORY WHICH I HAVE NO DOUBT I WILL GET ALL THE DETAILS;THANKS TO ALL WHO ASSISTED ME IN THIS TASK