Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Early 911's on the Market

Early 911's on the Market

I count 30 1965-1973 911's listed on ebay currently! This is by far the most I remember at any one time since I've followed ebay cars.

There are some nice examples there as well, not the usual 1967 911S with Testarossa Bodykit stuff.

Do you guys think its just due to late summer? Fewer buyers around so more sellers are resorting to ebay? Or... something else?

Do you guys think its just due to late summer? Fewer buyers around so more sellers are resorting to ebay? Or... something else?
    IMO....probably a combination of several reasons...the end of driving season in many parts of the country is rapidly approaching; so the fickle owner has had his/her fun all summer and now wants to unload it, some speculative owners see an opportuntiy to make a score in the current strong early 911 market, some non-independently wealthy owners need the $ for various reasons - college bills, home repair bills, unexpected medical bills, etc.
    All the best...

Frank

'64 356 C Coupe - restored signal red driver
    '72 911 T Coupe - 140K mile bahia red driver
    '87 930 Coupe - 31K mile original black beast ***FOR SALE***

Mainly the escalation in prices I think. When nice T's started cresting the $30K mark, it's got to make everybody think whether this is the bubble or whether we're still climbing the hill!

Quote Originally Posted by CurtEgerer
    it's got to make everybody think whether this is the bubble or whether we're still climbing the hill!
    I think we still have quite a way to go before reaching the top of the hill
    All the best...

Frank

'64 356 C Coupe - restored signal red driver
    '72 911 T Coupe - 140K mile bahia red driver
    '87 930 Coupe - 31K mile original black beast ***FOR SALE***

B-b-buy Bushwood?!?!
    As the interest and value increases in early 911's, seems like the '84-'88 Carrera market's gone soft. The sellers still ask for $20-$22K but I've seen more than a few Carrera's fail to get a bid over $13,000
    Sandy Isaac
    '69 911E

SC's, Carreras, 964's, Boxsters and 996's are all spiraling downward. Saw a decent Boxster the other day for $15,000. 993's are remaining steady. And come to think of it, mid-year cars are remaining steady as well .... at about $8,000!

I agree market looks soft to me right now. There are a lot of screamin deals out there. I think 911 prices started falling on ebay once US $ started appreciating, the real nice cars are still bringing good $$.
    Phil

Early 911s on the market

Hi Guys, I'm the owner of one of the Ebay cars, the 1969 911t RGruppe car. I've had her for sale here & on Pelican since early spring with no serious buyers, hence the Ebay route. It was a bit disappointing not getting any discernible interest as I've watched many similiar cars come & go quickly in this forum. This is an excellent example of the RGruppe's goals & passions. In fact it is probably the only 1969 vintage car ever offered with a warranty! For those of you reading this & thinking "flipper", my reserve is $1000 higher than what I paid for the car in 2004. Happy driving!

Joe Delleville #556

There is a RSR bodied 3.6 motored 911 on Pelican, really nicely built for 29K, that is a heck of a deal, there has been a 3.6 motored RS bodied car for sale all summer in pano for 25K. This is the time of year when a bunch nice track toys show up for sale.
    Phil

So many questions, so few answers....

Speaking of cars in Pano

What the story behind the '67 911S list for $85k? Do any of you know this car? Is it Hitler's mother's car or what? How could it be an $84K car? Maybe it just isn't and that' why it's been listed for at least a couple of months.