Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: 1971 911S Sunroof Coupe

Angry My oh my...

Hey pwd72s, is this guy for real? I was told to be very wary of the low-life, scum-sucking flippers in this business when I started looking for an early 911S, but this guy is way beyond that. Here is my take on what is probably going on here with this car. This "dealer" in LA found it and over-paid for a non-original, rusty 1971S. He really doesn't know very much about them, at least not like the Buicks he usually sells. Takes it to a swap meet where some knowledgeable Porsche People start pointing out all the non-original things on this car and he gets upset! Geez, I just inquired about the car and he is calling me names because I decided not to buy it. He thought it would be a quick sale to some dummy but now he is finding out that Porsche Fans are way too smart for that. Well I tell you what, dhelleck, call me all the names you want, go pout in a corner, but I sincerely hope you end up eating this car for a long, long time. You deserve it.

Billy? I do believe you got it. What can I say? Keep looking, perhaps save a little more loot, and the "real deal" you are looking for will come along. Obviously, "this ain't it". Either that or we have a troll on our hands. I can't imagine somebody actually trying to sell a car being this nasty to a potential buyer. As I've posted before, when a speculative bubble on collectables, houses, whatever, begins to break, those late into the game often get carried out feet first. That's because many sheer speculators borrow money in order to buy what they expect to flip for a quick profit. Maybe we're about to enter a phase shift here...one where good cars will again end up in the hands of those who love them for what they are. Dhelleck? Bill Gurs? Your team hustle wouldn't get very far in any pool hall...
    Paul D. Early S Registry #8 - Cyclops Minister of West Coast Affairs
    "Now, to put a water-cooled engine in the rear and to have the radiator in the front, that's not very intelligent." -Ferry Porsche (PANO, Oct. 1973)

Defender of the Normal John Fusco's Avatar
    [QUOTE=dhelleck] You're nothing more than the average swap meet know it all that loves to point out wrong screw heads and hose clamp sizes to owners. QUOTE]

Gee Paul, and I thought you were so much more than that !

John

Du must schwein haben

901/05 #305701

Bultaco Metralla 62 M8
    1968 BMW R69S

Early911SReg #606

[QUOTE=John Fusco]
    Quote Originally Posted by dhelleck
    You're nothing more than the average swap meet know it all that loves to point out wrong screw heads and hose clamp sizes to owners. QUOTE]

Gee Paul, and I thought you were so much more than that !

John
    Indeed I am! Just ask my wife...
    Paul D. Early S Registry #8 - Cyclops Minister of West Coast Affairs
    "Now, to put a water-cooled engine in the rear and to have the radiator in the front, that's not very intelligent." -Ferry Porsche (PANO, Oct. 1973)

Question

I don't think it's all so unusual to place an add for the same car in two places at different prices. The general public gets one price and the cognoscenti get "the deal".

But Dave, give us some details, show a couple of pictures. There are serious buyers out here and you need to fill in the blanks. In the light of day, in front of gawd and everybody, that's the way to present a car on this forum.

Bill, post some of the pictures. No reason not to...right?!

(or is there?)

Zitronengelb R1012 the RatBasterd
    RGruppe #183

Hey PWD72s, park your 924 and read this!!

Gee,Paul! You have a 924? And I thought you are a devoted 911 fan. Anyway, I thought that flaming is not allowed on this board, especially to seniors like you. I, for one was taught to respect our elders- will always be on your side!
    71S Targa
    03 996 Cab
    05 prius daily driver

Why didn't you call Andial today?Chicken???? Put up!!

Quote Originally Posted by pwd72s
    Billy? I do believe you got it. What can I say? Keep looking, perhaps save a little more loot, and the "real deal" you are looking for will come along. Obviously, "this ain't it". Either that or we have a troll on our hands. I can't imagine somebody actually trying to sell a car being this nasty to a potential buyer. As I've posted before, when a speculative bubble on collectables, houses, whatever, begins to break, those late into the game often get carried out feet first. That's because many sheer speculators borrow money in order to buy what they expect to flip for a quick profit. Maybe we're about to enter a phase shift here...one where good cars will again end up in the hands of those who love them for what they are. Dhelleck? Bill Gurs? Your team hustle wouldn't get very far in any pool hall...
    Call Andial, give them your credit card number and I"ll have the car over there in 5 minutes. All you collective jacks could pitch in and it wouldn't cost you much but your banal rhetoric you seem to have in endless supply. You all talk to each other like you're in a 70"s Love In!! Oh my, what a nasty man!! Just imagine, someone selling a car for more than they paid for it! Or trying anyway!! I coud never live with that!! Just think how foolish you could make me look by posting Andials PPI inspection. Just think!!! Isn't it worth it to all of you?? Call Andial, set it up. 714 957 3900. If there is a man among you, you'll do it. Oops, I made a huge assumption that you might have heard of Andial Porsche. Sorry. I'm obviously in cahoots with them too!! You girls are real beauties!!! I"m over and out, and into my Vega and driving to my motel.

Tabs? Is that you?

Tom
    Early S Registry #235
    rgruppe #111

Quote Originally Posted by dhelleck
    You girls are real beauties!!! I"m over and out, and into my Vega and driving to my motel.
    Dave, post some photos. Let the car take the stand and testify on it's own behalf. That's a fair request. Let the car stand on it's own merits.

Is it still for sale?

Zitronengelb R1012 the RatBasterd
    RGruppe #183

Good idea. Let a jury of your peers determine its quality - or lack thereof!?