Thread: Ebay '67 912 Soft Window Targa

Ebay '67 912 Soft Window Targa

1973 911E - Viper Green
    1973 911T - Light Ivory, becoming Glacier Blue RS

Question

I looked at this auction as well this morning. Car looks nice. However, the seats are incorrect for the 1967 year as can seen by the later model headrests. There are also a few other things that disturb me a little about the way the ad is described. First, there is no clear reference to the car's mileage. Second, the auctioneer references that the engine was rebuilt at somepoint he believes by "the maestro" - although there is no supporting evidence of this other than cadium plating?!
    Last but not least the auctioneer makes no refernce towards the vehicle's milage even though he supposedly has all paperwork going back to the car's original purchase in CA. The vehicle description at the top states "100,000 miles", the CA title he includes pictures of states that the vehicle has 108 miles - as of 1/10/02??????
    For a guy who is making his sales pitch based primarily on originality, he sure does have some loopholes in his description.
    All else aside, the car looks beautiful, and the condition of the body seems to speak for itself. Anyone guess what this car is worth? I was thinking maybe $12k since it's a 912, but I may be low since it's a soft top and the market seems gaga for softies.
    One more thing. For being original paint with the exception of a door which had a ding, why nis it that the engine compartment decals are missing?! The car more than likely was repainted...

I wonder if it has had a quality re-paint.

I noticed that the seller does not include a full frontal picture of the car in color.

Does it not have the elusive orange bar crest?

My 67 911 Jack is different then his crank up style.

Does anyone know what year that type of jack would have started in a 911?

Gotta be carefull on Ebay.

I bought a Recaro Sport seat from a seller whose name was mentioned on this list, recently, he is in Santa Cruz, Ca., and their was no mention of a inch and a half repaired tear on the seat bottom where you sit, or a cigarette sized hole on the front behind your knees.

PPI or some kind of first hand knowledge is always best.

Have fun this weekend,
    Scooter

Currently at $16k without hitting the reserve, and there are still significant questions about its originality...
    Did I state that the market is gaga about softies? Maybe I should re-phrase that - how about inebriated....