Thread: 1969 911S Sold / Thank you to the group!

1969 911S Sold / Thank you to the group!

Thanks to all in the group who contact me and to the many who left such nice private as well as public comments.

Car is going to a member of the group. I will leave it up to him to disclose who he is if he wishes.

One very special car. Unlikely that I will ever see another in my life-time in this condition at this price level.

This was my third 69S, matching number non-sunroof coupe. In the past five years I have seen just a single other car near its equal and of course the owner had ZERO interest in selling at anyprice. Those who have driven a good one with the correctly working 2.0-liter MFI engine are well aware that the car is nothing short of an homologation racing special. The engines got a little more powerful, a little more torque but the cars got fat and the ignition / cam timing lost that high rpm howl that was there for just one year until the cars got real boring in 74! (just my opinion...but then again I have had way more than 100 different 911s pass through my hands in the past 15 years so that must count for something.)

The new owner will let me know tomorrow if he wants the extra complete NOS Marelli Twin Plug Kit. Otherwise I will offer it up to the group as well.

This is a complete NOS kit missing nothing. Distributor, Cap, Rotor, brackets etc...

Thanks again to all.

...and by the way....I got the Maserati! I will post some photos on Monday for the curious.

Cheers,

Bill

Bill,
    That is a very cool car. I am picking up my first 69 S today, I have owned a 71S and a 72S. It will be interesting to see how it compares.
    Phil

You are in for one very rockin little treat...such a sweet machine are the early 911Ss! While the debate will go on for ever...my experience has led me to believe the 69S then the 67/68 shorties are the absolute most fun to drive. Very raw and with the early SWB cars a real wild ride that lets you know the cars is pretty close to being a race car right out of the box.

The 70-73 variants got very refined but also kept putting on the pounds. They are definately faster and quicker but they simply do not convey that to the driver.

You will quickly find that favorite turn you did at 5500-6000RPM in your other 911Ss, will be done at closer to 7000RPM in your new 69S. The cars are very cammy at the top end and have been likened to an F1 race car where the power comes on late at very high RPM. Not for someone who is looking for a relaxed cruise but someone who realy enjoys the sight, sounds and feel of a near race car like experience on the street.

Congratulations and good luck with your new one.

Cheers,

Bill

Twin plugging!

Bill,

I am very interested, if the kit is still available.

Congratulations on the sale of your '69S.
    Howard Lazarus
    Early S Registry #357
    RGruppe #181
    1971 911S Conda Green, Factory Airport Gears
    1972 Corsican Rose Love Fest

Thumbs up

congrats, both gentlemen, for selling and buying quality, and curious to see your new baby, bill.

I will post the notes on the Maserati in the "other" thread section on Monday.

The new owner has no interest in the Twin Plug set up so I will find it and get some photos up on the site next week.

I would like to see one million dollars for the complete set up...thats not being to greedy right ?

I think I paid $6500 for the kit but need to find my invoices.

In any case its a steal considering what used bits and pieces sell for on ebay.

Cheers,

Bill

Bill,
    You are right it is an awesome little car. The car had 32,500 on the o.d.o. in 1978 it now has 33,600 as of today, it did not miss a beat, what great car these older Porsches are.
    Phil

Hi Bill, have you had a chance to post the Maserati pics? Inquiring minds want to know!...