Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Rally can be dangerous

Quote Originally Posted by reedminor
    Nick,

I have to echo Ryan's questions - why not bring the car downunder for the Classic Adelaide of Targa Tasmania?

Justin Reed
    Sydney, Australia
    Yeah Nick, there are only about 6 months between each event, you can leave the car parked at my place. I promise I'll give it some regular exercise. Cross my heart.

And I have driven along some of those vineyard roads along the steep banks of the Rhine where my friend is a winemaker. I cant believe you could drive quickly around them although the pics attest to the fact you probably cant.....

Wonder what they might now name the vintage from that particular vineyard ?

Any suggesitons from the board ?
    Phil Lack
    Early 911-S Registry # 690
    R-Gruppe # 367
    Past President: Australian TYP901 Register Inc. # 0002

2.0 '66 911R : sold
    2.0 '68 911S : sold
    2.4 '72 911E coupe original Aubergine
    2.4 '72 911E :sold
    2.4 '72 911T : sold
    3.6 '94 993 :sold
    3.6 '97 993 C2S :sold
    '01 Ferrari 360 sold
    '15 CLA250 Benz
    '12 BMW 1M coupe (OMG!)

Manfred Stohl did indeed go off a couple of hundred metres away. The Targa Tasmania sounds interesting, maybe I can convince the Australian owner of the car that I navigate to take the car back down under again.....

You can get along those vinyard roads pretty quickly, we did the 20.5 Km stage in 17 minutes, the WRC guys were doing it in 11 mins 40 secs

Nick Moss - Early 911S #476 - RGruppe #318 - early911.co.uk

Nick Moss - Early 911S #476 - RGruppe #318 - early911.co.uk

nick

i've done the last 3 targa tas (gold plate!) and the last 4 classic adelaide (prep'ing for no. 5 as we speak)

i'd be happy to help out with logistics/crew etc if needed
    Cheers, Ryan

Founder and chief centre cap remover at : ZOLLHAUS / Design driven custom PORSCHE : https://zoll.haus

Damn, that second picture in this thread would be gorgeous if there wasn't a ($&%#(@^% 911ST halfway down the hill in the vineyard!!!

Glad to hear car and driver will live to fight another day!

Wolf
    2015 McLaren 650S spider
    2001 Ferrari 550
    2010 Ariel Atom 3
    1979 Ferrari 308gtb

Paid-up Registry Member & proud of it!!

Talking

The driver is lucky that those grapevines made for a soft set of pylons. If he were going at speed off that edge it could have been a lot worse without the soft landing they provided.
    My advice to the LUCKY driver would be to buy a couple of cases of the wine from the Landowner when it is available, and to celebrate his good fortune. And of course pray to Bacchus -God of wine - and preserver of Porsche life....

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by wolfturbo
    Damn, that second picture in this thread would be gorgeous if there wasn't a ($&%#(@^% 911ST halfway down the hill in the vineyard!!!

Glad to hear car and driver will live to fight another day!

Wolf
    I'm with you on that Rob. Brilliant photo nonetheless! Thanks Nick.

Zitronengelb R1012 the RatBasterd
    RGruppe #183