Thread: 71 S Targa on eBay

71 S Targa on eBay

Has anyone seen this car? Any opinions? eBay 71 S Targa
    Tom F.
    Long Beach, CA

I definitely don't like the rust pics, but this car looks to be as presented. If a Targa is your bag? I'd say it's definitely worth looking at, then a PPI if still interested. Maybe a body work estimate as well? Current bid (16,200) is getting up there if much rust repair is needed, and we haven't a clue about the mechanicals. Check out the straight on shot of the front end...are my eyes deceiving me, or is there misalignment of the parking light lenses? Also, didn't the square mirror begin in the '72 model year? Round in '71? The sports seats look nice...well, IF I lived nearby, and IF I wanted a Targa, I'd go look before bidding...
    Paul D. Early S Registry #8 - Cyclops Minister of West Coast Affairs
    "Now, to put a water-cooled engine in the rear and to have the radiator in the front, that's not very intelligent." -Ferry Porsche (PANO, Oct. 1973)

The square mirror was phased in during the middle of the production run for the 1971s... mine was built in April 1971 and came stock with the square mirror.

The car was pulled from the auction for some unknown reason -- probably because the seller realized that he needed to up his reserve price. Based on a superficial look, that is a good stock original S -- and worth a bundle in today's market. The dash has no cracks, the interior looks very soild... there are lots of little things -- but it's hard to quibble over $1,000 in fix ups on a car that should fetch in the mid 20s or higher. It will be interesting to see if it comes back on the market.

Similar Threads

1. EBay 67S Targa
    By Macroni in forum For Sale/Wanted: Early 911 Cars, 1965 - 1973
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 01-21-2016, 07:05 PM
  2. FS: @eBay - 1971 911S targa eBay # 290957409737
    By jon911s in forum For Sale/Wanted: Early 911 Cars, 1965 - 1973
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 08-06-2013, 08:11 PM
  3. FS: @eBay - Typical Ebay Car '75 Targa
    By mfitton in forum For Sale/Wanted: Other Porsche Cars and Parts
    Replies: 17