Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Ya gotta be EFFIN KIDDING ME...NOS door pockets

Ya gotta be EFFIN KIDDING ME...NOS door pockets

NOS door pockets:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...tem=4572436792

I almost soiled myself when I saw the price.
    Kenik
    - 1969 911S
    - 1965/66 911
    - S Reg #760
    - RGruppe #389

I just looked at the seller's other items and he is smoking similar price crack AND selling repro 911 manuals as NOS.
    Kenik
    - 1969 911S
    - 1965/66 911
    - S Reg #760
    - RGruppe #389

Jim Richards
    Aubergine 1973 911E Sunroof Coupe w/ 2.7RS MFI
    Early 911S Registry Member #589
    GruppeB #911

I'm not saying he's on the money but probably not far off either. The last time I priced these items it was really ugly. I recollect that it was pretty easy to spend $2,500 doing them new.

Now on the other hand "Shorty" has nothing as elegant as the later cars for map pockets. This is one less hassle I've avoided by owning a very simple car.

What's that?
    "OK! Calm down, I tell them but they won't believe me..."

Shorty just yelled from the garage and said:

"MY map pockets are far more logical than the money pits in my "heavy" brethren."

"Damn, low-blow there, Short-Stuff. Won't make many friends that way."

"Kiss what? Chill out or I'll drive you in the next rain storm!"

And no, the friggin' car doesn't talk and thank you, my medication is just fine. I'm practicing to be a ventriloquist.

Can you see my lips moving? I didn't think so.

Best,

Tom
    Early S Registry #235
    rgruppe #111

Nothing personal against that particular seller but all his part prices look outrageous to me. If he can get those prices more power to em.
    Phil

Quote Originally Posted by pu911rsr
    Nothing personal against that particular seller but all his part prices look outrageous to me. If he can get those prices more power to em.
    Phil
    Are his prices high??? Yes. Is Tom correct in saying he is not that far off?? Yes. I have purchased many parts from this seller, 69-73 dash (5), 72-73 metal S bumper, door handles 69-73, 72 NOS rear quarter panel, (really rare, and I have it on my shelf) and yes, a set of pockets like listed above for pretty close to what he is asking. I just put the set in my 72S targa, 35,000 miles, that previous owner was very rough on front and rear door pockets. His policy is when you recieve the parts, open them up, if they are what you want, no problem. If not, you ship them back to him, and he will give you your money back. That way it is up to the buyer to decide if the product is worth the cost. When I took them to Auto's Intl., they could not believe how nice they are. If you want to do a car really nice, this is what it will take. I am sure many on this board remember the sun visors that went for $1,100 on ebay. Hindsight being 20/20, I wish I had bought those, as I could really use a NOS set. If anyone has what he is offering on the door pockets for $1,800 or less, call me, and I will buy them. I do not need them now, but it is always better to have and not need, than need and not have, when it comes to these early parts for the 69-73 cars, that you want to keep as original as possible.
    S Registry #265
    R Gruppe #224

Eade's on the money. If you don't like what you get, send it back and get a refund. Only had to do it once and it wasn't his fault! It was my cars fault! Seriously!
    Should you want to do it "Right" "you pays your money and you takes your chances". Their are few choices anymore and old parts shops are going by the wayside like crap through a goose.

And know that he's not the only guy who gets top dollar for parts.

Jeez. I remember buying Sport Seats for chump change. Deep 6 Fuchs fell out of the trees. MFI systems were laying everywhere. I damn near gave a whole 7R CIS engine away one time too! We could buy new XWX's for less than a $100 a throw. A lot less.

Oh well. I was young once too.

Best,

Tom
    Early S Registry #235
    rgruppe #111

humpf

Yeah I cringe when I look at those prices.

I won't argue with the prices though - I am more upset that these cars are getting more expensive to restore - very annoying to the budget minded shade-tree 911 enthusiast.

The other thing that bugs about those "auctions" is well, THEY ARE NOT auctions... only the "bend over now" option!

We all should have bought "NOS" stuff back in the day..... we'd be on ez street.....

Yup, Alex, I am with you. My comments are somewhat sour grapes as I can't rationalize that kind of expenditure. I know I can't remember when deep 6s fell out of trees, but I wish I did.
    Kenik
    - 1969 911S
    - 1965/66 911
    - S Reg #760
    - RGruppe #389

Should have bought NOS

I started racing a 1967S in 1977 in SCCA, which at that time they ran in D Production. My mechanic had a sign on the wall that many of you have seen before. It said, "Speed costs money, how fast do you want to go?" Now, with the early cars it should read, "Original parts cost money, how original do you want to be?" We all wish we had bought more parts early, but another saying I like goes like this: If "If's and but's were candy and nuts, every day would be Xmas." Gee, it would be great if every day was Xmas. I know my kids would love it!
    S Registry #265
    R Gruppe #224