Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: My New e30 M3

My New e30 M3

I recently acquired a 1988 e30 M3 as another stablemate to the Gray Wolf. The e30 was the original M3. A true homologation-special built by BMW Motorsport to allow them to compete in the Euro Touring Car Championship. The car features the obvious widened front/rear fenders, the front spoiler, raised trunk lid and the rear wing. They also chopped the rear window out and mounted it more steeply for aero purposes (see photo). Engine is a fuel-injected 2.3L 192HP 4-cylinder, based on the block from their 4-cyl. turbo F1 program. Weight is 2800 pounds.

This car has 65,000 miles and is as close to new as one could imagine. The leather seats have been protected by factory denim covers and the leather is as new - maybe in better condition than those on my 8 month old '04 M3!! I drove it from Chicago to home yesterday (250 miles) and it is as tight a car as my '04. In fact, the car has turned out to be so nice, I'm literally scared to drive it and put miles on it! I'll probably just keep it covered and take it out for short drives around town on those perfect days.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Yet another car I wished I owned. Very NICE.
    Kenik
    - 1969 911S
    - 1965/66 911
    - S Reg #760
    - RGruppe #389

Thanks. It's a very cool car and one of those automotive-icons I used to read about when I couldn't dream of affording one new. My '04 e46 M3 is another one of those legendary cars and is stupid-fast. But ya know what? There's just nothing that compares to an early 911 for sheer driving fun!

Defender of the Normal John Fusco's Avatar
    Great find Curt.
    I've got a bud here with one in similar condition, red . I get to drive it on occasion - amazing how quick it bounces off the rev limiter. Amazing car.
    He has another that he is going to turn into a full on racer. Sure hope I get a turn in that one.
    He is just as impressed with my little car.

John

Du must schwein haben

901/05 #305701

Bultaco Metralla 62 M8
    1968 BMW R69S

Early911SReg #606

very nice

You just like it because it has a red interior like the "T".Very nice - hope you have fun with it!Take those covers off and show us the red seats. TFM
    Member:S Registry #864

John, I haven't had a chance to 'play with it' yet. Babied it all the way home, keeping the revs under 5000. Of course, I remember driving my 911 home that way too when I first bought it. Now? I rarely drive it without banging it off the rev limiter. That's what limiters are made for, right?

M-Power !

Curt, great car...I bet that was a fun ride home from Chicago.
    Love the massive strut brace. Thanks for the pics.

You are freakin me out with your mtb hanging above the 911 !
    A big no-no
    1973 911E Viper Green
    2021 Spyder PTS Signal Yellow
    2019 Carrera T Racing Yellow
    2008 Boxster S Ltd. Ed Orange
    2007 911 GT3 Meteor Grey

@Type911 instagram
    RGruppe #295
    Zuffenhausen secret weapon

I just hung the bike there this past weekend ..... I've got heavy hooks screwed right into the framing .... famous last words, I suppose. I should probably move it over to the other side over my wife's car.

Very nice pair....

of great cars...

Its getting to be a toss up between an E30 M3 or getting the 911 restored...about the same amount of cash needed...

Defender of the Normal John Fusco's Avatar
    IMWO;

If you are going to use it for playing on a track more than on the street and don't want to spend too much to mod it, then the E 30 is the way to GO. But on the street it is not the most stylish, rather plain looking except to those who know.

If you are going to use it mostly on the street (spirited ) and do a little track on the side AND at the same time want to impress the masses - early 911 is the call. Porsche got it right BIG TIME with this car - Few cars look as good and NONE feel as close to a go cart or race car.

John

Du must schwein haben

901/05 #305701

Bultaco Metralla 62 M8
    1968 BMW R69S

Early911SReg #606