'72 911S Targa
    Message Board Co-Moderator - Early 911S Registry #100

Aubergine?
    67 Normale, Old Rusty
    67 R Inspired and on a Diet
    73 T/ST Caged Beast
    RGruppe #383
    S Registry #739

The factory really messed up on this one...I mean, using the French word for eggplant as a color name??
    Paul D. Early S Registry #8 - Cyclops Minister of West Coast Affairs
    "Now, to put a water-cooled engine in the rear and to have the radiator in the front, that's not very intelligent." -Ferry Porsche (PANO, Oct. 1973)

Early 911S Registry # 237 NeunElf's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by pwd72s
    The factory really messed up on this one...I mean, using the French word for eggplant as a color name??
    I dunno, it sounds like a better car color name than the English word for eggplant.
    Jim Alton
    Torrance, CA
    Early 911S Registry # 237

1965 Porsche 911 coupe
    1958 Porsche 356A cabriolet

Quote Originally Posted by pwd72s
    Perhaps not..

The Germans typically use the same word. It's regionally dependent.

Deutsch
    1 Ergebnis für eggplant Aubergine {f}; Eierfrucht {f}; Melanzani {f} Auberginen {pl}

Just as we use garage in English, so do the Germans. I grew up speaking German as the son of Austrian immigrants. For example for tomato at home we said "Paradise" the Northern Germans would say "Tomate."

English 5 results for Bummler: drifter, drifters, johnny, laggard, truant, loafer

Lots of dialects play into this language ya know... And thats more than you needed or wanted to know
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Stefan Josef Koch
    RGruppe #194/SRegistry #1063
    1969 Porsche 911E, Light Ivory (38 years and counting)
    2015 Porsche Cayman S
    2012 BMW R1200GS, 1973 BMW R75/5

"An intelligent man is sometimes forced to be drunk to spend time with his fools." -E. Hemingway

Thats better than the Italian word for eggplant,which also stands for something else. The French word sounds pretty just like the color,the Italian word sounds derogatory.

The ENGLISH word for eggplant (the American word) is Aubergine
    Nick Moss - Early 911S #476 - RGruppe #318 - early911.co.uk

Isn't that car Royal Purple, looks like it to me.
    Sepia 71T

Speaking of Aubergine, did anyone see recently that singer Jamiroquai bought an Aubergine RS...his first Porsche. Anybody know who he bought it from and if the owner is a member?
    Kenik
    - 1969 911S
    - 1965/66 911
    - S Reg #760
    - RGruppe #389

Aubergine RS

I don't know if this is the one he bought, but it is supposedly very original and has been for sale in Europe for quite some time...http://www.konradsheim.at/
    1973 911E - Viper Green
    1973 911T - Light Ivory, becoming Glacier Blue RS