Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: GAF 2005 photos

GAF 2005 photos

Just got back from GAF. I got there at 7:15 am and was afraid I might be too late to meet up and get a pass for the Early S parking area. I met John Dilger out front and he hooked me up with a pass. It turned out I was actually a bit early.

Hey where is everyone?
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Bobby
    71' Olive 2.2E Targa / Early S #491

I've always considered the glass to be half full...that is until I reached middle age and realized that it is actually half empty.

It was great to meet Richard who has a beautiful 67'S R replica. Nice touch with the Old style Prototipo. He did the car hinself at home.
    Bobby

I've always considered the glass to be half full...that is until I reached middle age and realized that it is actually half empty.

More photos.
    Bobby

And some more...
    Bobby

great pics Bobboloo!
    thanks for posting.
    Steve

Thanks Rico, here's a few more I posted on Pelican.
    http://forums.pelicanparts.com/showt...hreadid=240338
    Bobby

quite a few Bay Area guys made it (alex, richard, john). wish i would have made the trek. Bobby - post more of you got them - great pics!
    _B
    Sent from a pay phone

888888 eL, Oph'eL'ia

Instagram: werk_crew
    www.werkcrew.com
    www.werkcrew.tumblr.com
    www.handofwinter.tumblr.com

Bob,
    There's a few more on the Pelican link above. My battery went dead on my camera so I didn't get enough. I'm going back tomorrow and I'll try and get some more.

I also met a couple other friends of Richard. Lee and Jim. You may know them. Nice friendly group of enthusiasts.

Here's one more of that Abarth Carrera.
    Bobby

That silver 2.2S looks cool! Is it original or restored? Who owns it?

That silver 2.2S looks cool! Is it original or restored? Who owns it?
    I believe its had some resto work done. I think it may belong to one of Richards friends but I'm not sure.

Here are some photos from today...

The first two are of a complete original un-restored Silver 2.2S from Vlasek Polak. The car has only 712 original miles on it. It's a time capsule. Even the tires are the original set. It's a museum piece for sure. The motor has unfortunently, or not depending on how you look at it, siezed.

The Lt Yellow Targa is a 72'S that Jens was driving. It looked just as good on the inside. Black leather Sport seats w/Houndstooth. Yummm!

I sent the sport seats for my 71'S out a year ago to be re-done in black leather with houndstooth and now a year later I go to GAF and I see 3 cars with them and an extra set at Autobahns booth. Dooh!!
    Bobby