Thread: 1973 1/2 911 T - Kermit's cousin

1973 1/2 911 T - Kermit's cousin

Not mine...
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Peter Kane

'72 911S Targa
    Message Board Co-Moderator - Early 911S Registry #100

targa top

it is a nice 70 color .... i saw this color a few months ago but then it was in a kitchen of a house that had not been updated since the early 70's ... didn't buy the house but nice color. Anyway, to get to my question, and as this T is up over $14k and reserve not met, with a restored targa top, is the connecting post (targa seal) looking a bit worn not a concern?
    Also, the original carpet would have been burgundy as well, or was this an option such as black or tobacco brown or something like that.
    Otherwise it does look rather nice.

fyi, i am looking/lurking trying to find out more, but until i sell present toy, i cannot purchase a new one such as 67-73 911.

The carpet looks like a burgundy color more than likely because the bonehead who tried cleaning the carpet used a harsh cleaner that ended up bleaching the carpet from its original brown color. Now it looks like a bleached pale burgundy.
    As for the targa seal, I noticed that too. Those targa seals are very expensive. Seller probably just cheaped out on the little detail things when he decided to sell. I think the car looks nice as well. I am just not a big fan of tan interiors, and don't know enough about CIS to decide if it is more desirable than Webers or MFI.

The CIS cars are not near as responsive as MFI or Webbers, they do run cleaner and have much better fuel econ. I know this summer the CIS T's were selling really quickly, it is the only long hood so equiped.
    Phil

Only one adjustment as well!
    67 Normale, Old Rusty
    67 R Inspired and on a Diet
    73 T/ST Caged Beast
    RGruppe #383
    S Registry #739

I'm a huge fan of tan interiors...but Targas leak!
    Paul D. Early S Registry #8 - Cyclops Minister of West Coast Affairs
    "Now, to put a water-cooled engine in the rear and to have the radiator in the front, that's not very intelligent." -Ferry Porsche (PANO, Oct. 1973)

Reserve not met at $17,600
    Peter Kane

'72 911S Targa
    Message Board Co-Moderator - Early 911S Registry #100