Peter Kane

'72 911S Targa
    Message Board Co-Moderator - Early 911S Registry #100

From Porsche?...
    Peter Kane

'72 911S Targa
    Message Board Co-Moderator - Early 911S Registry #100

Be careful with kcigermany from eBay

Watch out for this person. He/she sold me an "original" 73 911 RS toolkit. The case was a new repro, the box wrench was 16/17 mm, the spark plug hex wrench was 9/32", the other wrenches looked like they were made in China. He/she was steadfast that these were original to Porsche. I will NEVER buy anything from this seller again. I'm embarassed to say how much I lost. Gary

you can buy it at the Porsche dealership.

Thanks and some recourse may be available

Thanks to all- Especially Gary - for sharing how he got burned. I hope he applied for compensation from eBay. Yes, they WILL partially reimburse you if the merchandise is not delivered [my case] or grossly misrepresented. I got $175.00 back [the max] and it was not that much of a hassle doing it. [I am not referring to same seller here but FYI]. It may not cover your loss but it does help and it helps nail the coffin on people like this. My seller/defrauder got the boot.

I had considered bidding on some of this sellers items. I am thankful I read this link.

Best

John Rice

John,
    what procedure did you use to get a partial refund from ebay? A seller has taken my money & vanished without sending the item. Ebay now shows him as 'no longer a registered user'. I have initiated an 'item not received' complaint with ebay, but am wondering if this is just going to be a waste of time & I should just go direct to the local police.

I paid by check, which was probably not the best idea!
    [Early 911 Registry #772]

Thumbs down 2.2 decal

I bought mine from the local Porsche dealer for $5.50 or so(abt $us3.50) about a year ago.
    Porsche are now reproducing these.
    I note on this only bid that the bidders id has been witheld.
    The question is,who is doing the bidding? or is the vendor trying to waste his time as well as ours .

Cheers,
    Dennis.
    1970 914-6 - materialised from the 'Lotto' garage into reality
    1971 2.2 911 S - now back in the UK - sob!
    1975 Carrera Targa (ROW) - missed.
    One of us is fast becoming a valuable antique.
    S Registry member 536
    Australian TYP 901 Register Member 44

beware of seller of NOS sticker

I just clicked on the link of this "NOS" sticker, but realized that the "2.2" lettering is red. To my belief and I am 95% sure, these were originally orange/ bright orange. I have seen many low mileage 2.2's out there and they all have orange lettering. The best example to look at is the 1970 700 something mile 911S found this week and it also has orange "2.2" lettering.

So this guy is a liar. This sticker is a repro, NOT NOS. Beware, just like Gary said. This man was on the buyers beware list

Erick

"the 1970 700 something mile 911S found this week"

erick,
    what did i miss? someone found a '70 911S with 700 miles? more info, please.
    alan

"the 1970 700 something mile 911S found this week"

erick,
    what did i miss? someone found a '70 911S with 700 miles? more info, please!
    thanks,
    alan