Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Bad eBay Sellers List

Bad eBay Sellers List

After reading this, it seemed like it was time to start this thread...

kcigermany

Others? Admin, please remove if you disagree.
    Peter Kane

'72 911S Targa
    Message Board Co-Moderator - Early 911S Registry #100

Sounds like a good idea to me. Perhaps a seperate forum, one where members can list their bad ebay experiences, others can go to BEFORE placing a bid. I'll admit that I don't visit ebay much. Not looking for a car, and hey...I can't think of a thing my car "needs". (yep...blatant bragging. )
    Paul D. Early S Registry #8 - Cyclops Minister of West Coast Affairs
    "Now, to put a water-cooled engine in the rear and to have the radiator in the front, that's not very intelligent." -Ferry Porsche (PANO, Oct. 1973)

great idea

I play on eBay more than I should. I sometimes find great things. There seem to be a LOT of crooks and scroundels out there [as well as guys we deal with locally, unfortunately].

This could be a great resource and public service.

THANK YOU

John Rice

zook779
    Patrick Zuccarini of Chalfont, PA

I bought a dashboard from him. He deposited my check, and then vanished a month ago
    [Early 911 Registry #772]

I reckon Ebay's a crapshoot at the very best. I've bought several things off it and so far they've all come thru. Buying a car there with the large money scares the beejeeeezus outta me.
    Paul Schooley
    71 911T (RS wanabe w/2.7L juice)
    S Reg #863
    R Gruppe #330

I bought my SC on ebay, but didn't pay a dime 'til I drove out to IN to see it, pick it up. I couldn't do it any other way.

The rub here is that it's difficult to remember the names of the bad players, and once this thread goes to the back pages, it'll be difficult to find. We really need a seperate category here...an easy click to check with BEFORE making an ebay bid or responding to an ad. How about it, officialdom? Can this be done? Any legal problems in doing so if people merely relate personal experiences with sellers?
    Paul D. Early S Registry #8 - Cyclops Minister of West Coast Affairs
    "Now, to put a water-cooled engine in the rear and to have the radiator in the front, that's not very intelligent." -Ferry Porsche (PANO, Oct. 1973)

Thumbs down Bad E - Bay Seller List

Put BLONDDE or Part Werks of Chicago I bought some parts from them last year (November) and never send those .
    Joe 912
    '68, 912
    Mexico
    Early 911S Registry # 1918

I guess I've been lucky so far with ebay. I got all that I bought. Some was maybe not quite what I expected, but not grossly over described. At least not overtly.
    Tom

I got royally screwed by a guy named John Hinds who is located outside of Atlanta. Bought a 73 911E from him which he claimed had shift linkage problems when it crunched into 1 and 2nd gears. He also told me that the engine was only spitting and farting on my test drive, because the MFI just needed a little tuning. Like an idiot I believed him and bought the car from him. As you can guess, I later found out that the engine and tranny both needed total rebuilds, and the body had rusty rockers, rusty door jambs and rusted battery box hiding under a cheap paint job.
    To make matters worse, he told me that in Georgia cars older than 25 years don't need a title so he gave me a bill of sale. Turns out he skipped title after buying the car from a greaseball dealer out of St Loius and was simply flipping the car without titling the car first in order to skip paying sales tax. I had to chase him in court for 2 years before forcing him to give me title. I decide to make lemonade out of lemons and dropped almost $20k into the car to make it nice again. Not including my 100's of hours of labor, I actually almost broke even when I sold. At least I lerned how to restore an early 911.
    I see is name pop up on EBay once in a while: He goes by the name of

carrerajon6xil

Buyer beware