Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Freshly restored basketweave sport seats for sale

Freshly restored basketweave sport seats for sale

I am selling a pair of freshly restored basketweave sports seats. I originally took these to Tony Garcia at Autobahn Interiors and thought we were going to re-do the entire seats. Instead he urged me to keep the basketweave inserts, as they didn't have any flaws and they were better than the repro material. So we kept the inserts, and Tony replaced every other panel with the correct German vinyl material.

While Tony was working his magic, I sent the sliders out to be re zinc-plated and the tilt bases were stripped and repainted the correct semi-gloss black.

These seats have all of the black plastic recaro knobs and are in brilliant condition. In fact, they have never even been installed in a car since I had the work done earlier this year. The only flaw that I can identify is that one headrest has a superficial scratch - not a tear. No big deal, as any old headrest from aany seat (sport seat or regular) could be used as a replacement if the buyer is a perfectionist.

Wife is taking up too much of MY space in the garage, so these have to go (easier and cheaper to get rid of than the wife ).

$4,000 takes them. Buyer pays actual packing and shipping costs if I have to ship them. They are in So. Cal and ready to go now. Feel free to PM me if you have any questions. Good luck to all.

Wolf
    Attached Images Attached Images
    2015 McLaren 650S spider
    2001 Ferrari 550
    2010 Ariel Atom 3
    1979 Ferrari 308gtb

Paid-up Registry Member & proud of it!!

more pics

Here are a few more
    2015 McLaren 650S spider
    2001 Ferrari 550
    2010 Ariel Atom 3
    1979 Ferrari 308gtb

Last pics

Two more pics
    2015 McLaren 650S spider
    2001 Ferrari 550
    2010 Ariel Atom 3
    1979 Ferrari 308gtb

Rob's making a mistake in my opinion....you can't duplicate these at this price..no way, no how. Core rebuilder sport seats and a refurbish at Tony's to this level, is a lot more than these seats are being offered for....trust me....

Rob, keep them in storage somewhere else...you will eventually have another car that needs them!

E

Wink

I suspect that Rob must have sat in a PeterZ 911R replica seat and realized that he could have a firmer, tighter and lighter more beautiful pair of sport seats for half the price!!!

Sport Seats

Rob, those are GORGEOUS! I agree with Eric. Store them....I would be MORE then happy to 'store' them for you...
    Bahia Red '72 911S
    Meerblau PTS 2019 Speedster
    GP Silver, 2018 GT2RS WP....the BEAST
    Daytona Gray 2021 RS6 Avant....BEAST #2...Best daily EVER

ES #333

GONE...MANY, many great ones....

Hey Rob,

I would like them. Sent you a PM. Thanks.

Don

Sold! Thanks to all for the interest.

Wolf
    2015 McLaren 650S spider
    2001 Ferrari 550
    2010 Ariel Atom 3
    1979 Ferrari 308gtb

seats

Please let me know if the buyer changes his mind on your seats.

I would have a L.A. friend pick them up.

Thanks.
    Scooter

P.S. how does the seat belt bracket attach to these, I have a 71.

The buyer actually preferred corduroy seats for a later car, so my basketweave seats are once more available. First $4,000 plus shipping owns them.

Wolf
    2015 McLaren 650S spider
    2001 Ferrari 550
    2010 Ariel Atom 3
    1979 Ferrari 308gtb