Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: "Tangerine" Blutorange and Hellrot

"Tangerine" Blutorange and Hellrot

"Tangerine" dream owners,

Need some help. Is it true that P018 Blutorange (blood orange) AND P023 Hellrot (light red) were both referred too in Porsche literature as "Tangerine?" All help appreciated and, if possible, please post pics of respective "Tangerines." I've a copy of an old Glasurit catalog and the two colors, P018 and P023 do look close but the mixtures are a little more than slightly different. Are they both "Tangerine?" Thanks
    -Allen-
    Los Gatos CA

I think Tangerine was blutorange only, here´s a pic of my Blutorange '68. Paint code 6809
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Henry

I believe that is Correct.

"Blut Orange" (blood orange) and "Tangerine" are the same color, just different languages. Much the same as in English 6804 was "Light Ivory" and in German it's "Elfenbein." I really don't know about "Hellrot." (light red)
    Stefan Josef Koch
    RGruppe #194/SRegistry #1063
    1969 Porsche 911E, Light Ivory (38 years and counting)
    2015 Porsche Cayman S
    2012 BMW R1200GS, 1973 BMW R75/5

"An intelligent man is sometimes forced to be drunk to spend time with his fools." -E. Hemingway

Nice Tangerine! Any 023 "Hellrot" color out there?

6809 is most defintely Tangerine as is I believe 018 the same color. Still looking for someone with 023. Thanks.
    -Allen-

Registered User parced@telia.co's Avatar

Blut and Gulf Orange

Hi, nice SWB s. I'm restoring a -72 S that was Gulf Orange and will be given the correct color. However I have only seen Blut Orange IRL. If any one has a picture with these two colors side by side that would be real cool. I know that a picture on a computer will not match the real thing but if would be interesting to see if the differens "transfers". From the small spots of the original color I sense the GO to be a tad "whiter".

Regards,
    Pär Cederholm

I also have a 72S that is Gulf Orange,I don't have a picture of it next to a Tangerine car though. People when they see it by its self think its Tangerine but its very different when you see them together. Gulf Orange is like a pastel of Tangerine,its not as deep or dark as Tangerine. The color code for Gulf Orange is 019 and the number for Targa(6110) Coupe(6161). IMHO I think that Gulf Orange is the prettiest color for a Porsche, and at least in the USA its a very uncommon,I dare say RARE color and one that is often overlooked,you will see many Tangerine and Signal Orange cars here but not Gulf Orange. In fact I believe that Gulf Orange was not available here in the USA,it was ROW(rest of world).

Please post a picture of your beautiful and unique in U.S.A. Porsche! Thanks.
    -Allen and Pär-

This is a Gulf Orange RS with a Tangerine in the background

Nick Moss - Early 911S #476 - RGruppe #318 - early911.co.uk

Totally cool. Thanks!!
    -Allen-

Allen and Par...

..would Tangerine-Continental Orange-Guards Red do any good?...close but....
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Lars Wikblad...

Early 911 "S" Registry # 527
    "R" Gruppe # 314