Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: early 911 dead pedal info please

early 911 dead pedal info please

I didn't even realize that there was such a thing until today.

Show me pics of factory sheet metal dead pedal used on early cars--either race (911R) or production option. Also, provide part numbers and other info. Thanks.

Just exploring other options to Rennline and similar...
    Bill G.

1968 911 Ossi Blue coupe...full restoration in process
    Done: Engine; transmission; suspension; gauges; wheels; rust repair & primer; brakes; paint
    In progress: electrical; the tedious, endless, horrible fastener sorting/plating
    EarlyS #718 | RGruppe #437

Peter Kane

'72 911S Targa
    Message Board Co-Moderator - Early 911S Registry #100

That is precisely what triggered this post. But, what do we know about those dead pedals? I'm curious about their history, use, etc. I'm doing a bare metal resto of my '72 and I think it would be cool to weld in one of these vs. buying some aftermarket dead pedal.
    Bill G.

Done: Engine; transmission; suspension; gauges; wheels; rust repair & primer; brakes; paint
    In progress: electrical; the tedious, endless, horrible fastener sorting/plating

i think i paid $85 from msroadandrace for my factory dead pedal.
    _B
    Sent from a pay phone

888888 eL, Oph'eL'ia

Instagram: werk_crew
    www.werkcrew.com
    www.werkcrew.tumblr.com
    www.handofwinter.tumblr.com

Yep, that's what I'm about to pull the trigger on. In his reply to one of my questions, David(?) said that they were typically riveted in although there are provisions for spot welding. I was wondering what people have done on their installs and also what the factory installs looked like. Also, what did they put in the foot area, if anything. Can anybody post pics or other info?

I'm kind of surprised that I hadn't heard anything about these until now, although I guess that can happen when you're not looking.
    Bill G.

...and the eBay one looks a lot like the one at p. 72 here:
    http://www.smartracingproducts.com/p...atalog2005.pdf
    But, there do appear to be some differences on the left side sheet metal.
    Bill G.

History: These were originally part of the Rally kits offered in the Sports Purposes program in 67/68. They also look like they could have been ordered without the kit as an individual competition option. I would guess you would have had to order more than the dead pedal like a roll bar ect. as these items were not fitted on the line. They were also used in the ST, RSR and 934/935 series of cars. All the same part. What does not come with the pedal when you buy it is the ribbed piece of black rubber that is glued in the recess.

Best,

Don

Thanks for the info, Don. Where do you get the ribbed black rubber from? Can you buy it bulk somewhere? I believe I've seen this same rubber used on the floor, which is what I was planning to do instead of carpet. I think I saw pics in a magazine or here of someone that did that--very cool. Not totally stripped down, but still very raw looking. The RS carpet kits are a little too "neat" for my tastes; nothing at all is a little too raw.

Also, is there another sheet metal piece that bridges the open top (which you can see in the eBay picture)? I'd really like to see a picture from an actual install. Anyone?
    Bill G.

I paid $75 for mine from him last year. He has these all the time. Mine came in a plain Jane box and the tag on the pedal peeled off to the point where I doubted it was a Porsche NOS part (even a true black primer later part) even though that was how it was advertised. I have a picture of a true Porsche dead pedal part floating around somewhere and at the time after comparing the pic with my part I couldn't see any differences other than the green primer of the older part. I was thrilled with it. It's a non-critical piece of sheetmetal and should recive much scuffing if I have my way. Once installed does it matter if the primer was green or black if the tooling is the same?

I don't understand the pricing of this particular one though. All it will produce is his next batch of "NOS" starting out at $89.95
    Michael
    “Electricity is really just organized lightning”

-Dusty 70S Coupe
    -S Registry #586

Bob Tilton's version
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Michael
    “Electricity is really just organized lightning”

-Dusty 70S Coupe
    -S Registry #586