Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: NOT for sale - we're keeping the car!!

Smile NOT for sale - we're keeping the car!!

Well...no doubt a lot of you who attended GAF this year on Sunday saw my lovely wife, Gloria out there....with a for sale sign in the window of her beautiful 25k orig. mi. '72 911T Targa.....selling it was her idea.

Well getting straight to the point, the whole subject of selling her car which had become so much a part of "her" over the last two years...got to be a very real and disturbing thing in our "early 911 household"....it was very emotional for both of us....there were long talks and tears shed from both of us......

I personally do not know, (with all due respect to all the other RGruppe/early 911S Registry gals..) of another girl that deserves her own early 911 more than my wife. She has been working up close and personal on a daily basis with these cars for...gosh..(pause to think...) what...27 years now???

So here we are...the bottom line is that we decided that we do not need to sell her car. It's off the market and a part of our family for a long time to come.
    Attached Images Attached Images   
    Johnny Riz
    73E euro 3.2 w. a few goodies
    Rgrp 152
    S Reg 335

Hear hear; good call!
    Kenik
    - 1969 911S
    - 1965/66 911
    - S Reg #760
    - RGruppe #389

After seeing the car and hearing the storys, I was very surprised to see it for sale. But things change and I figured that your wife had a good reason to sell it. I am glad that you are keeping it. I have the gold 72S that will be repainted someday to that correct shade of gold. That is an super car.
    Bill Cilker, Jr.
    Gold 72 911S
    31 Ford Model A
    PCA, Early S Registry (#98) & RGruppe (#272)
    Rotarian

Johnny,
    Good call. Wish my wife was into it enough to have her own 911.

What did Kenik say ? "selling air-cooled cars is like selling children !"
    1973 911E Viper Green
    2021 Spyder PTS Signal Yellow
    2019 Carrera T Racing Yellow
    2008 Boxster S Ltd. Ed Orange
    2007 911 GT3 Meteor Grey

@Type911 instagram
    RGruppe #295
    Zuffenhausen secret weapon

Johnny/Gloria,

I am glad to hear you will keep it. That is a great looking car! I loved it ever since you both passed me on 'the 5' on the way to Dana Point in July. It has a cool 'period' feel about it, I guess mainly due to the color.

All the best to you both,
    Tom
    Early 911S Reg #544

Smile the car and the wife

Riz,
    This story will not be believed by most male Porsche folk...
    you kept the car and the wife...incredible!!!!

All the best.
    Ed Barnett
    RGruppe #124
    Northern California Racing Club
    American Racing Club
    Member, Northwest Hillclimb Association

Looks to me like they are both "keepers"...Way to go, Johnny, way to go!
    Paul D. Early S Registry #8 - Cyclops Minister of West Coast Affairs
    "Now, to put a water-cooled engine in the rear and to have the radiator in the front, that's not very intelligent." -Ferry Porsche (PANO, Oct. 1973)

Wink

Johnny,
    This is every early Porsche guys dream. An attractive blond (who happens to be your wife) driving an early 911 targa. How much better does it get! Now you need to reward her good decision with a trip to Hawaii!!
    By the way, is that a soldier in the backround of the second picture who seems to be wearing camouflage? I am assuming that you have armed security keeping her under surveillance....

Cars and Wives

Yes, a supportive wife that is into cars is great! She loves trucks and muscle cars. Here she is behind the wheel of our 68 Roadrunner, I couldn't find the one with her driving the 73E. We had made a decision to sell our 69S but when it did not fall through at the last minute, she tells me that it was meant for me to restore and keep the car!
    Attached Images Attached Images   

A '68 Roadrunner? Tell me, does she ever come home saying: "The kid in the rice car revved it's little engine, so I hit the loud pedal on the roadrunner..."
    Paul D. Early S Registry #8 - Cyclops Minister of West Coast Affairs
    "Now, to put a water-cooled engine in the rear and to have the radiator in the front, that's not very intelligent." -Ferry Porsche (PANO, Oct. 1973)