Thread: WTB Sport seat slider 65-68- HELP

WTB Sport seat slider 65-68- HELP

HELP ! I went to install a drivers side sport seat, and discovered one of the bottom sliders is missing. These are 65-68 sport seats where the slide adjusting lever comes out of the right lower side bolster. Pictures attached.
    I'll even buy a complete seat that is destoyed.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Exclamation

Rick, all you gotta do is ask!

Zitronengelb R1012 the RatBasterd
    RGruppe #183

Rick,
    I too have a 68 seat that has the correct folding base for 68 but that exact part you show is also missing. I am in the process of cannibalizing a stock pair of slides. My plan is to drill out the "stops" in the stock pair, do just a little grinding to make it slide into the correct slide part still attached to the bottom of the seat as it looks very close now, cut it to the right lenth by measuring the length required on the folding base. Then I purchased the right dimension flat stock steel and will drill the 4 holes in each end, do the 90 degree bends and weld it to the doner sliders. The cross cut profile is slightly different but with the stops gone, I think it will work. The only other thing to do is cut in the "catch" groves for the slide lock positioning. Am I on the right path here??? Jens...anyone??? more photos?

Thanks in advance here, Daron

I Have The Seat Rails For Early Recaros

I Have The Seat Rails For Early Recaros..call Me (310) 456-8833

Quote Originally Posted by NiceT
    Rick,
    I too have a 68 seat that has the correct folding base for 68 but that exact part you show is also missing. I am in the process of cannibalizing a stock pair of slides. My plan is to drill out the "stops" in the stock pair, do just a little grinding to make it slide into the correct slide part still attached to the bottom of the seat as it looks very close now, cut it to the right lenth by measuring the length required on the folding base. Then I purchased the right dimension flat stock steel and will drill the 4 holes in each end, do the 90 degree bends and weld it to the doner sliders. The cross cut profile is slightly different but with the stops gone, I think it will work. The only other thing to do is cut in the "catch" groves for the slide lock positioning. Am I on the right path here??? Jens...anyone??? more photos?

Thanks in advance here, Daron
    Daron,

Yes that plan will work...in my opinion. That's my plan also, as I need a few of these. The cross cut profile is slightly narrower on the stock seat slider "donors", so they jiggle a little when inside the base portion that is still attached to the seat. Where did you find the flat stock? Home depot? Lowes? What stock size are you using?

regards,
    Eric

Eric,
    I did get it at Lowes. Don't know the demensions right off hand but I printed off the photo Jens had posted a few weeks ago and the size looked dead on in relation to bolt and slider size. Funny you mention the doner slider size as smaller, mine is actually a tad wider but very close. That is where my reference to a little grinding comes in. Mine will need to be shaped down a little on the width to slide into the original female part still attached to the seat. I plan a little time on it tomorrow so I'll post any progress.
    Daron

Red face

Can someone please send me close up photos of the proper brackets/rails/etc. that are need to mount some early (headrest delete) sport seats? The more the better.

Chris,

The thread in the general section regarding the repro sport seat base should help, and here's one of SWBSAM's pics

brackets

I have these if they will help anyone.The seat is for the drivers side.Does not articulate forward as in pic above in Eric`s post.
    Member:S Registry #864