Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: '68 SWB parts FS

'68 SWB parts FS

OK, as this latest project of mine is taking shape, I'm going to be selling some of the stock parts to build lightness into the car for the T/R effect. I have already ordered or have fiberglass bumpers, hood and engine lid, and plan on lexan for the side and rear windows. So before I start advertising them more widely, I'd like to offer them to people here who might have a need for their projects. I have the following available:

1. Very good condition front bumper assembly complete with early S deco trim and chrome over-riders (with upper crossbar attached.) The trim must have been replaced at some time, the pieces are too new looking to be original. The deco and chrome are in great shape and will come back with just some polishing. Bumper is in sand beige with some pitting and scratches in the paint, and mild surface rust on the bottom and back, but a very good candidate for restoration. Asking $500 complete.

2. Right rear bumper is still perfect (also w/ wide S deco trim) but the left one is trashed, although it is possible the deco strip could be restored. The rubber is missing from the left one, though. (Spoken for)

3. The engine lid is from a '74-77 911S, so probably won't elicit much interest here. (SOLD)

4. Door panels will be replaced so they are available. They are in black vinyl (elephant hide?) but less than perfect. They were cut for speakers and the pockets are flopping as the elastic is shot.

5. Both door windows and regulators are coming out for pull-strap type lexan. Both opening rear quarter windows are available. The outside chrome on the rear windows is in good shape but the opening hardware handle is a little pitted.

6. Front hood is in excellent shape (no you don't get the emblem-I don't think it is original anyway, it looks too red.) NLA-decided to keep it

7. Turn signals front and rear will be replaced. None of the lenses are any good, but the buckets are still great, except for the gaskets. The fronts look almost new (I think they have been replaced.)

8. Four 6" flat Fuchs with date stamps from '72 and '73 are going in favor of 7". (SOLD)

9. The seats are some kind of modern, low-back, aftermarket Recaro-clone things with trashed upholstery, but the frame and foam is pretty solid, reclining hardware still works, and the sliding bases are newer and in perfect condition (non-tilting bases, though.)

10. The rear window (Sekurit glass) is coming out and is in good shape.

There are probably more things I'm forgetting (like a complete stock exhaust for a factory 3.0 Euro type 911/10 motor and some more interior bits, etc.) but this will get the ball rolling. Email me if you're interested in any of these parts and I'll get you pics or whatever. Some of these things will be hard to ship, so local buyers are encouraged (Lo-Cal.) I don't know what a lot of it is worth, but make me a fair offer and I'll consider it.

Thx,
    TT
    Tom Tweed
    Early S Registry #257
    R Gruppe #232
    Rennlist Founding Member #990416-1164
    PCA National DE Instructor
    Read my surf novel!

Pic of the front bumper. More to follow.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Tom Tweed
    Early S Registry #257
    R Gruppe #232
    Read my surf novel!

Here is a picture of the seats. They are similar to the later high-back seats but with no headrest. I showed them to Tony at Autobahn and he thought that somebody had possibly cut the headrest off a later pair to make some low-back seats. They will bolt onto standard Recaro sliders.

They are in dire need of recovering, but otherwise complete and sound. $100 plus shipping takes them. Non-tilting Recaro bases and sliders available separately for $150.

I am going out of town for some driving events up north Oct. 1-3rd, so I will not be able to respond to inquiries for a few days.

TT
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Tom Tweed
    Early S Registry #257
    R Gruppe #232
    Read my surf novel!

TT - how about wood floorboards with no water damage?
    looking forward to the final results on your recent 68 purchase!
    _B
    Sent from a pay phone

888888 eL, Oph'eL'ia

Instagram: werk_crew
    www.werkcrew.com
    www.werkcrew.tumblr.com
    www.handofwinter.tumblr.com

Have any smoking (vent) window glass for the doors? I need one.
    Kenik
    - 1969 911S
    - 1965/66 911
    - S Reg #760
    - RGruppe #389

Bob-

The floorboards are not in that good of shape, esp. the driver's side. I will try to send you some pics. I am going to replace them w/ aluminum eventually, but will need the driver's side for awhile just for the pedal stops to drive it around.

kenikh- I will might replace the opening vent window glass w/ lexan, but haven't decided yet. I do believe I have a complete '67 vent window that is stashed away in the garage, though. Let me look for it.

Thanks for your interest, guys,

TT
    Tom Tweed
    Early S Registry #257
    R Gruppe #232
    Read my surf novel!

Thanks, Tom!
    Kenik
    - 1969 911S
    - 1965/66 911
    - S Reg #760
    - RGruppe #389

Window Regulators

I could use the window regulators - if hey are from the 68 SWB car.

Quote Originally Posted by kenaichoochoo
    I could use the window regulators - if hey are from the 68 SWB car.
    They are definitely coming out and I am going to pull-strap Lexan on the roll-up windows, but I have no way of knowing whether they are original to the car or not. The one on the driver's side looks too new and shiney to me to be original. What is unique to the '68 regulators that can help me identify them?

TT
    Tom Tweed
    Early S Registry #257
    R Gruppe #232
    Read my surf novel!

regulators

They would have 2 parallel arms vs a 3 point fulcrum. I'll try to post a pic tomorrow.