Thread: Value question - gestalt value vs. line item deductions

Value question - gestalt value vs. line item deductions

Elbean's reply to this thread has caused me to think of some interesting questions:

http://www.early911sregistry.org/for...?t=7954&page=2

What are the true values of deductions, especially in relation to some of the high value perfect 'S' cars? Is it a sliding scale or are deductions absolute? For example:

non-original color
    non-numbers matching motor
    RS flares vs. narrow body

I had always thought that certain things resulted in a sort of gestalt pricing, meaning the whole is greater than the sum of its parts. For example, a numbers matching car, with original color (resprayed) and original flares would be worth significantly more than the total value of a car minus the sum of deductions you'd make for an "identical" car with non-original color, perfect RS flares and non-numbers matching but correct series motor.

What are your opinions?
    Kenik
    - 1969 911S
    - 1965/66 911
    - S Reg #760
    - RGruppe #389

I'd love to see someone take a stab at that one-
    1. What is deduction for non- #'s matching motor
    2. Deduction for non-original paint etc etc.
    I think it is not simple arithmatic equation is really an emotional calculation.
    We all know it is much cheaper to buy a already restored car than buying a junker and restoring it.
    Phil

Phil,
    Your PM box is full. Please email me direct at (orange911 at triad.rr.com).

Thanks,
    Paul

Similar Threads

1. Another fuel line question (1967)
    By Silverbullit in forum Technical Info
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 09-13-2013, 03:10 PM
  2. Help! Backdate Question -- Reroute gas line in trunk??
    By uptheorg in forum Technical Info
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 03-31-2013, 12:31 PM
  3. Running oil line question
    By Brian Southwell in forum Technical Info
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 06-26-2012, 09:17 AM
  4. WTB: main oil line junction, between case and line
    By mcaterino in forum For Sale: 911 Parts
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 12-06-2010, 04:47 PM
  5. Front cooler line fitment question