Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: This bbs is becoming an ebay clone...

This bbs is becoming an ebay clone...

is it just me or is it becoming increasingly rare to actually find a car on this bbs for sale - nearly all of the posts in the for sale section are "not mine" links to ebay.

why don't people just look at ebay? its very easy to save an early 911 specific search.

in the past an ebay link was used often positively to highlight seller's BS or something rare etc. can someone explain the point of relisting all the ebay ads here - it seems to me its just ends up taking twice the time to review the ads/posts...

a link to an ad in your local newspaper or regional club site is a good idea - as this will not be easily available to the non-locals (eg. like me - being in australia) but, imo, ebay does fall into this category.

my (pre coffee) 2c worth...
    Cheers, Ryan

Founder and chief centre cap remover at : ZOLLHAUS / Design driven custom PORSCHE : https://zoll.haus

It is pretty weird. 90%+ of the 'listings' here must be links to non-member cars on ebay.

Its great to geat a 'heads up' if a member is selling something on ebay, and its also good if a member has seen a car in person and wants to provide a description, or simply wants to give an informative assesment or opinion of a car on ebay, or simply wants to invite discussion. Many posts are just links though.
    [Early 911 Registry #772]

Just say the word and the posts will stop...
    Peter Kane

'72 911S Targa
    Message Board Co-Moderator - Early 911S Registry #100

I say keep 'em coming...I don't like surfing ebay because of all the cookies or ads or whatever that clog up my computer, but don't mind jumping if I have a direct link. 72 Targa? Maybe use the keyword "ebay link" instead of "not mine"...then people could go if they wish, no go if they don't.
    Paul D. Early S Registry #8 - Cyclops Minister of West Coast Affairs
    "Now, to put a water-cooled engine in the rear and to have the radiator in the front, that's not very intelligent." -Ferry Porsche (PANO, Oct. 1973)

I like 72targa's links. Some of us don't want to search ebay every day to find early 911s. 72targa's posts often start a helpful discussion about the car in question. Like everything else on the internet, if you're not interested, don't look.

pwd72s: i think that having an indicator in the thread title (eg. 1973 2.4S - ebay link) is a good solution for all.

72targa: i hope you don't think i was trying to have a dig at you personally - i wasn't. my post was simply my view as a buyer from a faraway land... (and far be it from me to impose my will on a public bbs) are you cool with pwd's suggestion?
    Cheers, Ryan

Founder and chief centre cap remover at : ZOLLHAUS / Design driven custom PORSCHE : https://zoll.haus

reed - but you don't know its an ebay link until you've looked... also, as i said, i think posting an ebay link and then highlighting a rogue seller's BS or something rare etc is a good idea.
    Cheers, Ryan

I appreciate the effort. Being relatively new to this, I learn a lot reading what more experienced members have to say about the early 911's that are listed on ebay.

We had this discussion a few months ago. I am quite happy with the links, I'd rather 72targa did all the hard work, but I do agree the the subject line "1973 2.4S - ebay link" would be an good idea
    Nick Moss - Early 911S #476 - RGruppe #318 - early911.co.uk

ebay link

If you bookmark this link,it will take you to all vintage 911 cars,T,E,S, and parts and will save you time and lots of searching.
    http://search.ebay.com/911e-911l-911...Q29Q20Q2dshirt
    Member:S Registry #864