Thread: FS: '72T Roller

FS: '72T Roller

$3500 FIRM

VIN is 2101142, its a non optioned T. Clear Louisiana title, located in a high and dry storage facility outside of Baton Rouge, LA.

The Rust:

It needs some patch work in the front pan. I thought the whole pan needed to be replaced, but you could get away with peeling the gas tank support back, doing some patch work, and then zipping everything back up. Rockers are good, but both door jams have minor rust in the usual spot. The floors and rear seats are good, but they need the wire brush and POR15 treatment.

Car was originally tangerine, but it has been resprayed. Its straight. Never hit anywhere that I can tell and no previous rust repair either. All of the wiring is there along with the guages. The glass is all there. The doors shut nicely, but the stay is broken on the drivers side.

US H4 headlights are included as well as the CV axles.

What it needs:

front pan patch work
    interior including dash (it has a cap on it now that looks okay, but the dash underneath is shot)
    engine & gearbox
    rear bumper

Honest assessment of the car

Its a solid car that would require a bunch of money to restore to original. This car has a lot of potential as a track car or a lightweight project. Never hit and never butchered so everything that needs to be done can be done right.

TIA

#711 - expires 12/05
    1972 911T - Sepia 3.2 - For Sale

Hey I have an engine for that car! Someone could put this together for cheap. It is a complete 1972 2.4 MFI engine complete top to bottom with 45k original miles. Runs great. I would take $4,000 firm for it. It is on Long Island and would need to be picked up. E mail me directly don@porsport.com Thanks.

Don

Red face

Shuie,
    What suspension and brake setup are on the car currently? Also, besides the cosmetic issues, what would it need besides a drivetrain to get back on the road again?
    PS Any tangerine 72 parts missing that might be found on your sepia 72T???

I think I may have a pending deal on this car but I figured I might as well answer before this site goes down again for who knows how long.

Suspension and brakes are 30 yr old stock T. Remember, this was a non optioned car. Note that it didnt even come with sway bars. You wont find any nice suspension or brake parts on this car.

The car was bought with an original radio that it will not be sold with. Its in the car now, but it intentionally wasnt shown in the pics because Im keeping it. Sorry. There are plenty of parts from my Sepia car that could be used on this car that are not included at this price The 3.2 fan and housing that can be seen in the backseat in one of the above pics is not included either.

Cosmetic issues are not keeping this car off of the road. This cars issues are almost purely mechanical. Cosmetically, its not bad at all. Front lights and CV joints are included, but not shown. Off the top of my head heres a list of parts it needs before you could drive it:

engine
    transmission
    CDI box - depending on what motor goes in
    fuel pump
    drivers seat
    rear bumper

Other than that, it just needs someone to throw a bunch of money at it.
    #711 - expires 12/05
    1972 911T - Sepia 3.2 - For Sale