Thread: 66 911 tool info

66 911 tool info

Eric, or any othe experts,
    here is a picture of my 3/66 tool kit. What exactly is missing?
    Thanks
    Attached Images Attached Images  

The opened end wrenches are:
    19/17
    15/14
    12/13
    10/11
    I know the boxed end is right: 22/19

All the opened ended wrenches say Germany on them, but none of them match brand wise.

Wrenches should be: 8x9, 10x11, 12x13, 14x15, 17x19, and all be scripted "drop forged steel"

You need:
    Pliers, satin finish, raised cutting edge, cross-hatched handles
    Plug wrench, similar to the 68-73's but it doesn't have the round knurled edge knob on it, should be scripted Klein 21.
    The phillips driver, gold Klein on handle
    Messko, dark red, scale to 50lbs,3.5bar, white face.
    Fuse packet, has "pudenz" script on cover.

Sorry no pics handy, will see what I can do.

eric

Unhappy

I vote for having Eric take off the "self ascribed" tool kit guru. I think acknowledging his guru-ship in early Porsche tool kits is not just limited to his own mind.
    Now if I could just figure out something that I know a lot more about than the rest of you guys.

The only opened ended wrench that is correct, is the 12X13.
    Please see if you can fill in the blanks. You can email direct to: eurotech@together.net

Thanks,Rick

Ok, changed the signature...might as well call it as I see it...(and others as well ).

Rick, I don't have any spares sorry, I'm currently short for my own cars. Note that these wrenches are identical to the ones in the late 356's, so you have company in your "pursuit". I wouldn't shy away from any that have some tarnish on them, as there are certain colors of silver paint that you can use and then satin clearcoat (have to do that process, or the silver transfers to the vinyl). Be careful to not "over" sandblast if you use some tarnished ones, as the script can be degraded. Also note that there isn't a "good" replating finish that duplicates the original (that I have found).

E

Hi Rick,

Here are a few pictures for your use!

Picture 2- The "Klein 21" spark plug wrench is from a '69- mid '73 kit. Also I have not seen any docs. of the "shop towel" being included with the toolkit. There was a slight change in the Klein screwdrivers from the '64-'65 356 and ther ones used in the '65-'68 kits.
    Picture 5- Shows the difference between the dark and lighter red Messko cases

Thanks for the reply!
    Can't mess that up. I can't remember seeing one of those reddish pressure gauges though. Actually, I've probably thrown deveral ones out though the years!! I know 30 years ago I tossed many a tool kit wrenches away as the quality was below Kmart!

Some more pics...

Picture 1- Duel gauge, It is my understanding the US cars came with the 0-50 lb. gauge

Picture 2- This is the gray pouch that would have come with the gauge.

I had some pictures of the spark plug wrench to go with this kit but it is buried somewhere in the bowels of my computer :@((

Thanks for the pics as well, don't have a spark plug wrench pic yet. But will post. Interesting notes about the Messko's scale's. Had that discussion with Jim Perrin last year, he says dual scales were the norm. Spoke to Orr Potebnya about it as well...he says that either is correct. Both have seen more than I have. I'm open to any info.....

regards,
    eric