Thread: Crate Engines

Crate Engines

I was browsing thru a Jeg's Racing catalog and came across their section on 'crate engines'. These muscle car guys have got it made! 3 full pages of crate motors to choose from. Everything imaginable. How about a 502 HP Chebby big-block, complete with wiring harness and fuel injection - just bolt it in for $8999. And most of these appear to be factory-built engines.

http://www.jegs.com/webapp/wcs/store...0175&langId=-1

How cool would it be to have a mail order catalog available to us with 3 full pages of Porsche-built engines at these kinds of prices. A 2.4S for $8999 or maybe a 2.7RS for $9999 .... brand new, ready to bolt in and go. It's nice to have a dream.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Anybody know where I can get one of those V8 adapters?

We would probaly all go out and buy Jaguars.
    Phil

Here's GM's offerings. Ford has similar engines as well.
    GM Crate Motors
    Tom
    Early S Registry #235
    rgruppe #111

I have allways thought that the last air cooled 993 motor would sell like mad. Every 911/914 hotrodder would go for it.

912->911 conversion
    Everytime I watch "Overhaulin'" and they drop in some 500 hp engine that came in a crate and all you have to do is supply power and fuel, it makes me think "Man, rebuilding Porsche engines is for chumps - Detriot Iron is where it's at!". But the feeling goes away with medication.

(I'd really, really love to build a 67-69 Plymouth Barracuda notch with a fuel injected 383 or something though....)