Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Euro front turn signals boxes.

Euro front turn signals boxes.

I was curious if any of you guys from across the pond could post a picture of a euro front turn signal light box without the lense. I want to see how it is constructed inside to see if maybe a USA box could be converted.

TIA Bobby
    Bobby
    71' Olive 2.2E Targa / Early S #491

I've always considered the glass to be half full...that is until I reached middle age and realized that it is actually half empty.

my 67 911 signals were converted . no problem. Didn't even know there was a difference with the assmbly housings between Euro and USA? Is there?

What year? I think there is a difference in the Italian boxes having to do with the number of bulbs and the small internal reflector on one of them.
    Michael
    “Electricity is really just organized lightning”

-Dusty 70S Coupe
    -S Registry #586

Euro front lamps

Bob,
    I have them on my 73 911, it's a European spec model and has the front turn lamps you want to know about. I will be happy to send you some pictures in a few days, I'm just heading up to Laguna Seca for the the race this weekend.
    I have made a conversion kit for converting USA lamps to European specs if you are interested.
    All the best!
    Roger Grago
    R Gruppe #27
    Early 911S Registry member since 1999

Bob i have both, finally got a pair the other day, the only diffrence is a bulb, and you can convert them, now i finally have a guy in germany that sell them new, Replika of course, but EU style if you want a pair, the cost i think is about 150 , euros plus shipping will double check this, but i will post the originals that i have. These things originals are too expensive and hard to find, at least for me and i go just about to all the swap meets.

Thanks Roger. That would be great. Let me know more about your conversion when you get back. My 71'S is a Belgian model that was converted to US spec in 74'
    What year? I think there is a difference in the Italian boxes having to do with the number of bulbs and the small internal reflector on one of them.
    69'-73' ROW non-Italian
    Didn't even know there was a difference with the assmbly housings between Euro and USA? Is there?
    Euros in 69'-73' have a clear parking light section next to the horn grill. If the box doesn't have a divider then the tirn signal will flash out if the clear area.
    Bobby

I've always considered the glass to be half full...that is until I reached middle age and realized that it is actually half empty.

Platas,

So your euros don't have a divider between the clear and amber area? Interesting.

I bought a set of nice Euros aways back paid the asking price for them and three days after the guy had recieved my money he went and sold them to someone else for more money. He didn't seem to understand that you can't go and sell something that you've already sold and recieved payment on. What a Jag-off.

I'd like some more info on the repros. Is there a website?
    Bobby

No web site, unfortunately.

i have my US ones , and the diffrence is very little. The most difficult thing would be to adapt the back part, the connectors, but if you have patience, the guys in the us have done it, now the clear lense no problem in getting, i think stoddars sells them, but the repros work fine.

I will try to post them tomorrow. if i canup load, if not i will send them to the ADM so he can post them.