Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Euro front turn signals boxes.

Great thanks.
    Bobby
    71' Olive 2.2E Targa / Early S #491

I've always considered the glass to be half full...that is until I reached middle age and realized that it is actually half empty.

Here are a coiuple of photos which may help.

As has been mentioned, the Euro version has a sidelight ('running' light?) with a corresponding small white section in the lens, a divider between this section & the 'flasher' & a small reflector behind the sidelight bulb.

In the following picture the arrows point out the divider (blue), the sidelight bulb holder (green), the reflector (red) & extra wiring (yellow) :

Andy

Early 911S Reg #753
    R Gruppe #105

Great Stuff! Andy
    Michael
    “Electricity is really just organized lightning”

-Dusty 70S Coupe
    -S Registry #586

Thanks so much Andy.

I can see now that the USA box can be converted without too much trouble. It already has the mounting points for the divider. I would just need to add the divider, bulb holder, reflector and jumper wire.

Th toughest part would be the bulb holder and reflector.

Thanks again.
    Bobby
    71' Olive 2.2E Targa / Early S #491

I've always considered the glass to be half full...that is until I reached middle age and realized that it is actually half empty.

box's

Just want to point out ,,, the clear reflectors are unique for Euro box's, with a different reflection pattern and less thickness, allowing better light relection as there is no bulb in that area of a euro box. Also,, Italian box's are wired differently,,, using 3 bulbs ... the centre bulb is a single filament constantly lit instead of the USA double filament. The flasher bulb is the one up front where as in the euro box, its used only as a marker, constantly lit.. The centre bulb in the euro box is the flasher..
    Hope this isn't All too confusing!!

1st pic, euro box
    2nd pic, relectors, USA-EURO
    3rd pic, italian box

Regards, Robert..
    Attached Images Attached Images    

Robert could not explain it better my self and you are so right on the lensses.
    Andy i have to learn how to do what you do with the arrows