Thread: Willow Springs Track Day Nov 9th

Willow Springs Track Day Nov 10th (Correction)

DATE CORRECTION: Nov 10th

The 69 RGruppe T I just purchased will be arriving shortly and I plan on getting it on the track to get to know it better.

I run with a group called Alltime Racing a lot up at Willow Springs. Its a small group with a diverse group of cars that generally includes a nice mix of classic cars including old Cobras and Detroit Muscle. Tim Herren, who organizes it is big on vintage racers.

Usually less than 25 cars and almost unlimited track time all day.

They are out at Willow (Big Track) again on November 10th. Its always a good day out!

Details are here: http://alltimeracing.homestead.com/11_10_05_WSIR.html

Cruise around the site to check out previous events and you'll see the diverse group that gets out. Early 911s aren't out of place with these guys--not that they ever are out of place on track.

Gburner
    I can't make this one but if you are interested in future track days maybe you would like to join some of the R Gruppe TT racers at an Alfa Club or a San Diego PCA TT next year?
    If so stay in touch.
    I know Johnny Riz in his R Gruppe 911 will be at Big Willow in a couple weekends with the Pantera club. I should have mine out soon too.
    Mike

10-4 Mikey....Sounds like a Fun group, a diverse group of cars too! But unfortunately I won't be able to make the 10th(Thurs) as I will have just spend 2 days at WSIR on the 5/6th Nov with the Pantera club. Saterday I'm entered in the Pantera challange race.

I know a couple years ago we had an RGruppe Monday at WSIR... 20 cars and way, way way too much track time !!!!!

Maybe....just maybe, some of those same RGruppe cars would be interested in hooking up with Alltime Racing for another weekday of fun......who knows?

Something to keep on the radar anyway...If you see me come on over and say hi.
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Johnny Riz
    73E euro 3.2 w. a few goodies
    Rgrp 152
    S Reg 335

I'm always up for track days. Weekdays are usually best for me but I'm up for anything. Please keep me in the loop.

I'm really interested to see how my incoming car handles the track. I'm sure it will be more than up for it.

On another note, maybe it would be good to organize another week day outing at Streets of Willow in the near future through here? 15 cars would cost about $250 each and equal almost unlimited track time. And Streets is fun!

I know that Tim at Alltime is always open to piggybacking small groups onto his events too.

Cheers,

Steve

B-b-buy Bushwood?!?!
    Speaking of Streets, the POC will be running at Streets 11/5 & 11/6. It would be great if I wasn't the only '69 911 on the track. Come on out!
    Sandy Isaac
    '69 911E

B-b-buy Bushwood?!?!
    Also, I'd definitely be interested in a mid-week day at Streets if my work schedule will allow for it.
    Sandy Isaac
    '69 911E

Gburner
    I'd be up for a mid week track day, I'd prefer Big Willow over SOW.
    Though it would be more expensive...

B-b-buy Bushwood?!?!
    Quote Originally Posted by RSupdate
    But unfortunately I won't be able to make the 10th(Thurs) as I will have just spend 2 days at WSIR on the 5/6th Nov with the Pantera club. Saterday I'm entered in the Pantera challange race.
    What time does the challenge race start? If I can't pop over, I'll watch it from the streets pit lane.
    Sandy Isaac
    '69 911E

Quote Originally Posted by SandyI
    What time does the challenge race start? If I can't pop over, I'll watch it from the streets pit lane.
    In the past it has started after lunch...probably the same this year. Have not seen any hard copy schedule yet.

If you are going to be at SoW you'll definitely be able to see what's going on at the big track.
    Johnny Riz
    73E euro 3.2 w. a few goodies
    Rgrp 152
    S Reg 335