Thread: Who's the lucky guy who scored the 67S case

Thumbs up Who's the lucky guy who scored the 67S case

I have to believe it was one of us. I have a set of 2.2S P&C's gathering dust in my garage in case the lucky buyer is thinking of making a 2.2S out of 2.0S...

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...%20/%3Efvi%3D1

I think it was Nick Moss
    Henry

Damn, it was local, too.
    Kenik
    - 1969 911S
    - 1965/66 911
    - S Reg #760
    - RGruppe #389

I was high bidder the last 7 days. With 1 second to go, I got sniped! I thought I had it in the bag at $1750. Silly me, I have done to others the same........more than once. Oh well, payback is a bitch........

After seeing this post, I remembered that the mechanic who taught me to build 911 engines has a 901/02 case that has been sitting under his workbench for years.

I asked him about it yesterday and he said he would certainly part with it. As he remembers it, it measured just slightly out of round at the mains and would need to be sent to Walt at CE for his shrinking and line boring trick or it could be bored first over.

It has no major damage or spun bearings. It is missing the intermediate shaft cover, which he told me is steel and specific to these cases but could be replaced with a standard al. one with minor machining.

If there is any interest here I will pass it along to him.

I also have a 72S case that has had the spigots bored for 2.7 barrels if anyone wants to build a 2.7rs motor.

Thanks very much,

Jess

It was indded me that sniped it, sorry Rick!

No immediate plans for it yet, but it will almost certainly stay 2.0 litre.

Gruen911, how much do you want for your barrels and pistons? I need some for another project.
    Nick Moss - Early 911S #476 - RGruppe #318 - early911.co.uk

Hi Nick,
    Congrat's on winning that 67S case. $2k seems like a steal for what you got - especially if you have a 67S body missing the correct engine...
    After posting the fact that I have a set of 2.2S P&C's, a few of the guys on the board PM'd me wanting to buy them. One of them is a good friend of mine who wants them. If I let them go, they will go to him. Sorry to be a tease.

BTW, there is a guy in Zurich who had an irish green 67S soft top targa which has a 68S engine in it. He had planned to sell the car to someone last time I saw him about 3-4 weeks ago. He could have used this 67S case bigtime. You didn't buy that car from him by chance did you? If so, marrying that car back together with a 67S case will definitely add some serious value to his car...

Jeeze, I know the guy who was selling that. I thought it would be a good thing to have around but when it came down to the bidding I was to busy to get into it. Glad someone here who can use it got it.
    By the way Rick, please get in touch.
    Tom

A set of 2.0S barrels and pistons sold on ebay Germany a couple of days ago for $1300, I sniped them but missed by a long shot!

Anyone know of any other P&Bs?

gruen911: Maybe you could PM me the contact details of the owner of the 67S Targa?
    Nick Moss - Early 911S #476 - RGruppe #318 - early911.co.uk