Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Wheel idiots

Wheel idiots

Who are the idiots that have bid this 914-4 steering wheel up to $560.00 so far on EBAY, are people really that clue less? Cant they tell the difference between the two? Unbelievable, Iam embarrased for the idiot who asked on the auction "If it was double wrapped" of which there is no such thing. How many people have ever actually owned a REAL sports 380mm wide grip and then taken it apart to see how it was made, I HAVE, IT IS NOT DOUBLE WRAPED, NEITHER ONE OF MINE, OR ROB GROSS'S 380mm. WAKE UP!!!!!

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Origi...QQcmdZViewItem

Jeff

Quote Originally Posted by schmidt
    How many people have ever actually owned a REAL sports 380mm wide grip and then taken it apart to see how it was made, I HAVE, IT IS NOT DOUBLE WRAPED, NEITHER ONE OF MINE, OR ROB GROSS'S 380mm. WAKE UP!!!!!Jeff
    How were they made? Did they start with the leather look foam wheel and then leather wrap it? Was it the same as the 914/6GT?
    Michael
    “Electricity is really just organized lightning”

-Dusty 70S Coupe
    -S Registry #586

It finally sold for $860 !!
    Andy

Early 911S Reg #753
    R Gruppe #105

380cc wheels

Last year before this hystria;I bought bought 3 380cc. wheels for less than $75 a piece

There's evidence that the real estate hysteria bubble is deflating. Perhaps the same will begin with our hobby as well?
    Paul D. Early S Registry #8 - Cyclops Minister of West Coast Affairs
    "Now, to put a water-cooled engine in the rear and to have the radiator in the front, that's not very intelligent." -Ferry Porsche (PANO, Oct. 1973)

Quote Originally Posted by fg1227
    Last year before this hystria;I bought bought 3 380cc. wheels for less than $75 a piece
    That's what I bought my 914/6 wheel for. Jeff....You out there?
    Michael
    “Electricity is really just organized lightning”

-Dusty 70S Coupe
    -S Registry #586

I betcha cmartinperez (the seller), is happy as hell!

If you cared, if you truly, truly cared, you would have clued the seller in before the end of the auction! Poor bastid...

Zitronengelb R1012 the RatBasterd
    RGruppe #183

ebay seller and items wanted

I am wondering if anybody on this list has bought any other items from this seller?

He seems to be always listing a lot of NOS early 911 goodies.

Are they Real?

Is he having some of them made?

Whatcha think?

I need a good 71 engine grill and a pair of chromed metal horn grilles, maybe a pair of front chrome bumperettes too.

I have the excellent 73 equivalents to trade.......meaning the black trim items.

Cash waiting if you do not want to trade.

Thanks for any help,

Scooter
    member 7 hundred something.

Quote Originally Posted by 70SATMan
    That's what I bought my 914/6 wheel for. Jeff....You out there?
    Oh yeah, Jeff's "out there"....
    Paul D. Early S Registry #8 - Cyclops Minister of West Coast Affairs
    "Now, to put a water-cooled engine in the rear and to have the radiator in the front, that's not very intelligent." -Ferry Porsche (PANO, Oct. 1973)

I am here, I try to educate without any luck, I do better just pointing out the areas in which one has failed after the fact. At that point they are more willing to listen.

Jeff