Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 911R an experience of a lifetime !!!

911R an experience of a lifetime !!!

Yesterday I had the experience of a lifetime when Frank asked me to stop by as he took delivery of his 911R. The car was delivered at Limerock Park (how appropriate) and Frank gave me the privilege of driving it back to his place !!! The car is outstanding now sporting an orange stripe down it's center just as it once did back in the day along with the correct Porsche script down it's side. The car is like jewelry. What a way to spend to spend a Friday, driving a 911R and celebrating with a fine bottle of wine. OK maybe a little to much wine but what the heck this doesn't happen every day !!!

What a bitchen car !!!

THANKS Frank !!!
    Joe Annicelli
    Early 911S Registry #751
    Polo Red/Black 1967 Porsche 911S Coupe "Walter"
    Black/Red 1967 Alfa GTJr. Coupe "Nero"
    Italian Red 1994 Ducati 900SS/SP looks fast standing still
    Italian Red 1957 Gilera 150 Sport

Ahhhh the sixties... I envision myself one early Saturday morning wearing plaid shorts, black shoes with white socks smoking a cigarette heading to the hardware store to buy a bag of nails.
    SWB cars are an acquired taste however once acquired theirs no turning back.

PLEASE tell me you took pictures !!!!

You have driven what I'll (probably) only ever fantasize about !!!!

When you now get to drive a 917K, you can just simply quit ! There will be nothing left !

...sounds awesome ! Did you get any pictures???
    1973 911E Viper Green
    2021 Spyder PTS Signal Yellow
    2019 Carrera T Racing Yellow
    2008 Boxster S Ltd. Ed Orange
    2007 911 GT3 Meteor Grey

@Type911 instagram
    RGruppe #295
    Zuffenhausen secret weapon

No unfortunately I didn't take any photos but I'm sure Frank will post some. As for the 917 well that is a missed opportunity as I didn't know Frank when he owned one but I do have another friend who has a very nice replica that he stores in the building I have on my property !!!
    Joe Annicelli
    Early 911S Registry #751

Ahhhh the sixties... I envision myself one early Saturday morning wearing plaid shorts, black shoes with white socks smoking a cigarette heading to the hardware store to buy a bag of nails.

BTW,
    Joe is that your red on red 67 911 up on EBay being offered by a dealer?

Yes that is my old car. It's a very nice car with it's weakest point being the paint. It was painted 20+ years ago. The color is a bit off when compaired to the original door jambs and it is starting to check a bit on the roof and quarters. If it were me I would repaint the hood (the weakest point) and enjoy it as it is. Honestly it was a mistake on my part to sell it, that along with my 1963 Super 90 sunroof coupe with just 36K. They made a nice set.

Live and learn !!!
    Joe Annicelli
    Early 911S Registry #751

Okay, back to the 911R. So what exactly does it feel like power wise? Is it just like a 67S until you hit about 7,000 rev's - and that there is a whole new level from 7-8,000? Or is there substantially more power than the 67S all the way up to 8,000? Is it actually a streetable car? With those huge 38mm intakes and radical 906 cams, I have to believe that the thing is close to stalling below 2,000. Talk to me Joe....

Defender of the Normal John Fusco's Avatar
    I thought the lottery winner was in Oregon.

John

Du must schwein haben

901/05 #305701

Bultaco Metralla 62 M8
    1968 BMW R69S

Early911SReg #606

Lime Rock to Frank's place is about .25 mile. Don't think his report can be that deep!!

Rick you are right about that plus I have little experience with early 911's with only my 67 911 to compare it to but when we fired it up it reminded me of the first time I started up and drove my GT3 Cup car making all the right noises and a distinctive feel that only a pure breed race car can deliver. And now I know where it all originated from. Maybe .25 miles but still a trill of a lifetime !!!
    Joe Annicelli
    Early 911S Registry #751