Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: horn grills and H1's

horn grills and H1's

Hi there, I have a 72's lhd (italian). Could you pls confirm whether the horn grills should be chrome or black (it has chrome) and whether the porsche script should be black or chrome as the current one is matt silver (anodisied?) Also should the wipers be black or chrome?

Also can you run 100 watt H1 bulbs with standard wiring
    help in advance
    thanks

Hi Silver
    Chrome grills chrome letters and black wipers. I am sure others will confirm if I am right or wrong. I have an Italian RS and I wondered if your car has a hazard switch and what kind of outside mirror you have? What type are your horns do you have? I have asked these questions in a previous thread as it seems standard equipment in Italy may have been different to rest of Europe. Thanks in advance.
    Regards
    Mike
    RS#1551(sold)
    67S
    73E (home after 25 years) and sold again
    Early S reg. #681

Black trim, chrome grills, and chrome wipers, and yes from what i have notice, italian cars where dif from the rest of EU as for the French, Yellow H lights turn signals are 3/4 whaite with the rest amber. i could be wrong, but this is what i have sen on all P in italy or the italian ones that come thru here. The horn, italians like them loud, fiam type.

h1's?

210bhp, ho hazzard switch on italian cars, the horn grills look standard, whats your rear porsche script, mine is matt silver? Mirror is square/oblong.
    Platas indicators look standard silver, horns are airhorns

I've salaged parts off a few Italian cars..69-72,,, all had the small shell Fiam horn...

Robert..

Registry member# 206 fourteenten's Avatar

Italian cars

Mike, Silver,

Don't know about the '72 Italian cars, but my RS has the hazard switch and the 2 small Fiam horns. It was not mandatory to have an outside mirror at that time in Italy, so you can find anything from round one to SC mirrors. Horn grill black as usual for a '73 car and 3/4 white front lenses. A few weeks ago I saw an unrestored, all original Italian RS, same hazard switch and the two small horns.

Cees

A friend of mine has very original Italian 72S that has black lens surrounds and horn grills. He is absolutely sure they as per factory.

Nick Moss - Early 911S #476 - RGruppe #318 - early911.co.uk

This doesn't relates to a '72, but I have an Italian '70S. It originally had no outside mirror, no hazard switch (one was added when brought to US - funny looking large Hella switch installed where fog light switch would go), no antenna although roof antenna added later, H-1s and small round horns instead of trumpet horns, 3/4 white 1/4 amber lenses, silver grille and gold letters.
    Robert

Nick
    Are you saying that S is an 'E' series car or an 'F' series?
    Regards
    Mike
    RS#1551(sold)
    67S
    73E (home after 25 years) and sold again
    Early S reg. #681

Mike

Its a 72 model year E series
    Nick Moss - Early 911S #476 - RGruppe #318 - early911.co.uk