Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Saw my first Aussie Porsche

Thumbs up Saw my first Aussie Porsche

Well, the type I'm most interested in anyway. Saw it while going out to dinner tonight in Perth. It's 8 PM tomorrow to you West Coast guys. Didn't get the model. Tangerine 73, RHD, RS front bumper, no RS flares, black chrome rear bumperettes, Mahles. Looked very clean. Sorry, no pics. Didn't have my camera on me. Anyone we know?

Cheers,
    Michael
    “Electricity is really just organized lightning”

-Dusty 70S Coupe
    -S Registry #586

Hi Michael,

Can you look up a guy named Dudley Watts while you are in Perth? He is the 4th and longest owner of my RS and has a bunch of photos I would like to get my hands on.
    Brian

'71T
    R Gruppe #299

Morning Brian I'll see what I can dig up. Did you have any contact info or would I be starting from scratch? You might want to PM or email some car details so if I do get a hold of him he won't think I'm a wanker.

No worries,
    Michael

-Dusty 70S Coupe
    -S Registry #586

Auckland, New Zealand. And Los Angeles, USA.

RS photos

Brian,
    Small world! Dudley was a member of the Porsche Club New Zealand many years ago - I remember his RS when it lived here. I know a couple of guys in the club have photos of the car. He used to drive that RS with "great vigor" -the photo I remember best was one with the car airborne (all 4 wheels up) over the crest of a hill. Are you sure you want to see THAT one????
    Kiwi
    1972 911S
    1967 912
    1959 356A Conv D
    Early S Registry # 306

BINGO!!!

Hell yes, I want to see the airborne one especially. Really if you could get me photos I would be very grateful. Here is an article sent to me a while back by Ian Knott of Auckland, NZ where, as you know, Dudley lived before taking the RS to Perth.

Micheal,

I don't have any contact info for him in Perth, but if you mention the Tangerine RS that he owned in NZ he will know. He sold the car to an M.D. in Ann Arbor, Michigan. Thank a bunch for trying.
    Brian

'71T
    R Gruppe #299

Smile

Michael,

Will you be in Sydney for any time on your way back ?

Cheers,
    Dennis.
    1970 914-6 - materialised from the 'Lotto' garage into reality
    1971 2.2 911 S - now back in the UK - sob!
    1975 Carrera Targa (ROW) - missed.
    One of us is fast becoming a valuable antique.
    S Registry member 536
    Australian TYP 901 Register Member 44

www.spyderautomobiles.com .au
    Quote Originally Posted by 911kiwi
    Brian,
    Small world! Dudley was a member of the Porsche Club New Zealand many years ago
    Kiwi,

Do you think Ian Nott could help locate Dudley Watts for Brian and Michael? Ian has been the editor of the PC NZ mag for so long now...also heads up RS Consulting as you would know. Maybe he can help find the good Mr Watts quickly...what do you think?

Cheers,
    Lisa
    Lisa Gregory
    Early 911S Registry #726

www.spyderautomobiles.com.au

As of right now, heading to Sydney on Fri. Sat. in Sydney. Leaving Sun morn. All subject to my customer of course.
    Michael

-Dusty 70S Coupe
    -S Registry #586

Lisa,

Thanks for the thought but Ian doesn't know where he is now. I have been down that road with him and he keeps his eyes and ears open for me but the last time he saw Dudley was back in the 90's in the Auckland airport when he was heading to Perth. Ian has been helpful also in talking with the third owner of my car, Alan Bremner whom Dudley bought the car from, but he doesn't seem to want to contact me. What a bummer as I would really like any documents or photos he might have. Oh well.
    Brian

'71T
    R Gruppe #299

www.spyderautomobiles.com .au
    Brian,

Don't give up...there is a chance that Dudley Watts decided another Porsche might be a nice acquisition and as he was active in the PC NZ with the RS, maybe he joined the Porsche Club in WA (well sorta logical )...maybe try contacting the PC WA club and ask if he is a present or past member? Here's the link: http://www.porscheclubwa.com/

Give it a try if you wish - you just never know...good luck!

Cheers,
    Lisa
    Lisa Gregory
    Early 911S Registry #726

www.spyderautomobiles.com.au