With mixed emotions, I am offering my recently acquired bahia Red Series I RS for sale. I simply have too many toys, and I just don't have the time to enjoy two RS's. I can't bear to part with my viper green hot rod, so my bahia red baby is on the market. Details are as follows:

Chassis # 9113600197
Engine # 6630224
Tranny # 7830194

Options on the cardex include a limited slip differential, sport seats left & right with headrests, retractable seatbelts and retractable manual antenna.

This is an extremely original, unmolested example that is all matching #'s All the correct bits & pieces are there: aluminum framed ducktail, plastic tank, 019 mfi pump, 380 mm wheel, correct date stamped 6 & 7 inch Fuchs, original high profile Fulda tires, original door seals, original carpets, original headliner, original radio, fully functional original LSD, etc. etc. Perfect original door panels, perfect pockets, etc.

One light partial exterior respray, but all original paint in trunk, door jams, engine compartment, etc. This car shows NO EVIDENCE whatsoever of having ever been hit. While I don't think any early car is completely rust free, this one is as rust free as any early 911 that I have ever seen. The case is dead nuts dry with no leaks whatsoever. In fact, the tranny # on the bottom of the transmission is perfectly legible and looks like it has NEVER kissed the concrete. Find another # like that on the bottom of a 911 tranny! Likewise the ribs on the bottom of the plastic tank are like new.

This car runs like an absolute gem. I imported it from Japan in April 2005 and once I took delivery, I had it thoroughly examined and serviced by Scott Hendry of Scott's Independent in Anaheim. Scott performed a full service, installed turbo style chain tensioners with new idler arms, put on new valve covers, installed a new Bursch muffler and replaced all brake lines. Compression measured 145,150,140,150,145,150 when trested by Scott. Leakdown measured 97-98% for all cylinders. I will provide Scott's contact information for any serious parties who wish to speak to him, as well as a copy of his service invoice.

I have done my best to recontruct the history of this vehicle. It was originally delivered to a German named Eton Berg in 1973. Mr. Berg owned the car until 1989, at which time it was purchased by Josh Sadler at Autofarm in the UK. Josh subsequently listed the vehicle for the equivalent of $165K US and sold the vehicle to a Japanese buyer. I have tried like hell to reconstruct the Japanese ownership history up to 2005, but to no avail. My Japanese contact surmised that the Japanese owner(s) likely don't want to be known, as it is common for people doing bad things in Japan to launder their illicitly acquired dollars by purchasing hard assets (like cars).

The biggest flaws that I can think of for the car are that there are numerous holes on the rear license panel and front panel, simply because the Japanese and Germans have different sized license plates with differently spaced mounting holes. The car also needs a correct orange bar hood badge.

That's about all I can think of saying for this car. Several So. Cal experts have gone over this car with a fine toothed comb and they can vouch for it's condition to any serious buyers. I will provide their contact info. The bottom line is that this is a no excuses car that reeks of integrity. No "issues" that need to be explained away, no inconsistencies, no stories period. The car speaks for itself.

Offered at $200K. Serious buyers should PM me their contact info or call me at (949) 355-6118. I don't mind answering general questions from tire kickers, just please understand that it may take me a while to respond. I have better, hi-res detail pics of the car that are too big to post here, but I can email them to any SERIOUS buyers. Lastly I would strongly prefer that any prospective buyers inspect the car in person or have their agent do so, as I am offering the vehicle as is.

Best regards to all.