Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Very Nice Series I Touring RS for Sale

Very Nice Series I Touring RS for Sale

With mixed emotions, I am offering my recently acquired bahia Red Series I RS for sale. I simply have too many toys, and I just don't have the time to enjoy two RS's. I can't bear to part with my viper green hot rod, so my bahia red baby is on the market. Details are as follows:

Chassis # 9113600197
    Engine # 6630224
    Tranny # 7830194

Options on the cardex include a limited slip differential, sport seats left & right with headrests, retractable seatbelts and retractable manual antenna.

This is an extremely original, unmolested example that is all matching #'s All the correct bits & pieces are there: aluminum framed ducktail, plastic tank, 019 mfi pump, 380 mm wheel, correct date stamped 6 & 7 inch Fuchs, original high profile Fulda tires, original door seals, original carpets, original headliner, original radio, fully functional original LSD, etc. etc. Perfect original door panels, perfect pockets, etc.

One light partial exterior respray, but all original paint in trunk, door jams, engine compartment, etc. This car shows NO EVIDENCE whatsoever of having ever been hit. While I don't think any early car is completely rust free, this one is as rust free as any early 911 that I have ever seen. The case is dead nuts dry with no leaks whatsoever. In fact, the tranny # on the bottom of the transmission is perfectly legible and looks like it has NEVER kissed the concrete. Find another # like that on the bottom of a 911 tranny! Likewise the ribs on the bottom of the plastic tank are like new.

This car runs like an absolute gem. I imported it from Japan in April 2005 and once I took delivery, I had it thoroughly examined and serviced by Scott Hendry of Scott's Independent in Anaheim. Scott performed a full service, installed turbo style chain tensioners with new idler arms, put on new valve covers, installed a new Bursch muffler and replaced all brake lines. Compression measured 145,150,140,150,145,150 when trested by Scott. Leakdown measured 97-98% for all cylinders. I will provide Scott's contact information for any serious parties who wish to speak to him, as well as a copy of his service invoice.

I have done my best to recontruct the history of this vehicle. It was originally delivered to a German named Eton Berg in 1973. Mr. Berg owned the car until 1989, at which time it was purchased by Josh Sadler at Autofarm in the UK. Josh subsequently listed the vehicle for the equivalent of $165K US and sold the vehicle to a Japanese buyer. I have tried like hell to reconstruct the Japanese ownership history up to 2005, but to no avail. My Japanese contact surmised that the Japanese owner(s) likely don't want to be known, as it is common for people doing bad things in Japan to launder their illicitly acquired dollars by purchasing hard assets (like cars).

The biggest flaws that I can think of for the car are that there are numerous holes on the rear license panel and front panel, simply because the Japanese and Germans have different sized license plates with differently spaced mounting holes. The car also needs a correct orange bar hood badge.

That's about all I can think of saying for this car. Several So. Cal experts have gone over this car with a fine toothed comb and they can vouch for it's condition to any serious buyers. I will provide their contact info. The bottom line is that this is a no excuses car that reeks of integrity. No "issues" that need to be explained away, no inconsistencies, no stories period. The car speaks for itself.

Offered at $200K. Serious buyers should PM me their contact info or call me at (949) 355-6118. I don't mind answering general questions from tire kickers, just please understand that it may take me a while to respond. I have better, hi-res detail pics of the car that are too big to post here, but I can email them to any SERIOUS buyers. Lastly I would strongly prefer that any prospective buyers inspect the car in person or have their agent do so, as I am offering the vehicle as is.

Best regards to all.
    2015 McLaren 650S spider
    2001 Ferrari 550
    2010 Ariel Atom 3
    1979 Ferrari 308gtb

Paid-up Registry Member & proud of it!!

heres a pic

first picture
    Attached Images Attached Images
    2015 McLaren 650S spider
    2001 Ferrari 550
    2010 Ariel Atom 3
    1979 Ferrari 308gtb

Note that the viper green RS in these pics is NOT INCLUDED with the red RS!!!
    2015 McLaren 650S spider
    2001 Ferrari 550
    2010 Ariel Atom 3
    1979 Ferrari 308gtb

Have you considered selling off the GT3 instead?
    Jim Richards
    Aubergine 1973 911E Sunroof Coupe w/ 2.7RS MFI
    Early 911S Registry Member #589
    GruppeB #911

Jim,

Of course he has.

Rob,

Herr Schmidt is going to mad at you.

Seriously, this is the most original RS Touring car I have ever seen and it drives like a dream. When driving this car it is not hard to imagine what these cars drove like when new.
    Brian

'71T
    R Gruppe #299

Thumbs up Very NICE car!

Rob has listed everything regarding this car. If someone is looking for an as close to original as a thirty plus year old car can be, real nice RS, this is it!
    I hope it goes to a good home.
    All the best!
    Roger Grago
    R Gruppe #27
    Early 911S Registry member since 1999
    Porsche Motorsport of North America

Great Rs

ROB,GOOD LUCK ON THE SALE.EVERYTHING I'VE HEARD ABOUT YOUR CAR HAS ONLY BEEN POSITIVE.It is truly a special car!

Rob, help me with my Viper Green car, I think!?

Hello Rob, your RS's are remarkable. I have a 74 Euro 2.7 Carrera that I think is Viper Green. Maybe its not, do you know the correct color name for mine? Sure isn't anything close to your Viper Green RS. Sure could use some help. Thanks, David (aka) low life scum sucking flipper.

Two large and it's got the wrong hood crest? (just kidding!)
    That's the car many of us can only dream of owning one day. I love it!
    Maybe, if it's not sold by February, I'll give you a call.
    Mike B.
    1972 911E #414
    Early S #1065

Mike B.

Throw 2 large on the bar and I will find you the best hood badge you have ever seen!!
    2015 McLaren 650S spider
    2001 Ferrari 550
    2010 Ariel Atom 3
    1979 Ferrari 308gtb