Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: WTB: Hood mounted Cibies

WTB: Hood mounted Cibies

Anyone have a set they would like to part with? Or even a set of housings? Let me know...Thanks

I have an excellent set but the US$ : UK£ exchange rate may make them too expensive to you.

I can send pictures if you're not able to find what you're looking for locally.
    Andy

Early 911S Reg #753
    R Gruppe #105

i have a pair of housings and trim rings. one is NOS the other is only fair.
    no lenses. i can send pix.
    best
    jerry

Andy...I am certainly interested. I know what they are going for lately in euro and $ so if you are close I am certainly interested.

Jerry, I am interested as well. I know I posted even looking for a set of housings, but...forgive me for being a fool...what lenses fit? Do Oscar lenses fit?

Please email me pictures and prices you are looking for:
    Peter.Jenkins@comcast.net

Hello Peter,

Several lenses will fit, even modern technology lenses from for instance Valleo. These lenses are flat instead of concave but bring much more light. If it's not for show but for use as in a night rally, these would be your best choice.

The rings are still being sold. The last time I was offered them, they were $100 a piece (new).

A set of housings (in OK condition, just shells) can be found fairly easy as well.

So you can make up a nice set but it are the original Cibié lenses that are hard to come by.

Just my $.02

Richard

Richard, That is great information! As I have never seen these in person. I was only guessing that if the housings are being sold seperately that various lenses should fit?

As far as use? Perhaps I shouldn't be telling you 911 guys...you won't want to sell them to me? I am finishing a very accurate Marathon de La Route 914/6 GT replica. And these will be mounted inside the bumper with a pair of Cibie 45's outside the bumper. I have NOS 45's and have a set of small Oscars...the Oscars do not look right as a replacement for the hood mounted version.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Quote Originally Posted by 304678
    Hello Peter,

Several lenses will fit, even modern technology lenses from for instance Valleo. These lenses are flat instead of concave but bring much more light. If it's not for show but for use as in a night rally, these would be your best choice.

The rings are still being sold. The last time I was offered them, they were $100 a piece (new).

A set of housings (in OK condition, just shells) can be found fairly easy as well.

So you can make up a nice set but it are the original Cibié lenses that are hard to come by.

Just my $.02

Richard
    Richard, can you be more specific on the lenses? I have tried to find something here in the US that fits, but nothing is the right size..... Do they have a particular bulb size that they call this? The glass lense diameter is 14.5 cm, or 5 3/4", which doesn't match anything in the US.

thanks,
    Eric

Ok....
    Obviously I wasn't looking hard enough. I think some motorcycle/scooter lights are the same size. I'm going to take one of my Cibie originals to a store and check it out....

Eric

Eric, This is a set of old Oscars I purchased off of eBay...the lenses look the same as those on the hood mounted version? I do not know if the size is correct? I was thinking/hoping that these lenses would be perfect fit for the housings?

Maybe Richard could shed some light, (no pun intended!) on the ability to use these?

Peter
    Attached Images Attached Images

I've just now emailed Daniel Stern lighting to see what he has to say....he's got a convex hi beam Cibie lamp that may work....let's see what his reply is.

Your Oscar bulb may just work....I guess I need to get one and take a set of hood lights apart to see if it will work.

Eric