Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Machine shop

Machine shop

Looking for Porsche Machine shop in San Diego .
    At German Auto Fest there was a Porsche machine shop there from the San Diego area. Nice guys with "state of the art " equipment. I lost their business card. I think it was a 4 man operation. can anyone help? They said they do all the work for the Porsche dealerships in their county.

Competition Engineering?

Rick, Competition Engineering is in Lake Isabella, CA. The onwer is a friend of mine, his name is Walt Wasden. Great guy, great work, I believe they do work for many dealerships, AND, they were at GAF.

Lake Isabella is not really supre to SD, but I think it MAY be in San Diego County; at any rate, I hope it WAS them you're looking for, because they're GREAT! Tell Walt I sent you. Call him anyway, you won't find a better P machine shop.

760-379-3879
    Bahia Red '72 911S
    Meerblau PTS 2019 Speedster
    GP Silver, 2018 GT2RS WP....the BEAST
    Daytona Gray 2021 RS6 Avant....BEAST #2...Best daily EVER

ES #333

GONE...MANY, many great ones....

Competition Engineering

Just a coupla corrections to Stacys' post...
    1. Walts' name is Watson...not Wasden
    2. Comp. Eng. is in Kern County...Lake Isabella. This is about 5hrs from downtown San Diego...I have a business interest in Ocean Beach, so I drive this route all the time, as I live in Ridgecrest - just on the other side of Walker Pass. I've known Walt for a number years as well...

And yes...Walt is one of the best. He does nothing but Porsche machine work. He's been doing this since the very late 60's. Give him a call.

Hope this helps.

Cheers
    Thom Kuby

Walt

Quote Originally Posted by Homemade 911
    Just a coupla corrections to Stacys' post...
    1. Walts' name is Watson...not Wasden
    2. Comp. Eng. is in Kern County...Lake Isabella. This is about 5hrs from downtown San Diego...
    Cheers
    Thom Kuby
    Ok OK...so I'm memory AND geographically challenged....

Thanks Thom, hope all is well!!!
    Bahia Red '72 911S
    Meerblau PTS 2019 Speedster
    GP Silver, 2018 GT2RS WP....the BEAST
    Daytona Gray 2021 RS6 Avant....BEAST #2...Best daily EVER

ES #333

GONE...MANY, many great ones....

Guys, Thanks for the input, but we are on the wrong page. yes, I know Walt, and I go back to Ray. Been doing business with CE for 20+ years. I can't wait 6 months for the turnaround. San Diego......They were next to Pelican at another booth. Turn around was 2 weeks max. they knew what they were talking about. Had a long talk with them. When I find them, I'll post who they are. They seem to be good, but not famous as of yet.
    Again, thanks much for the input........

I just got a PM from Lars. He knows who I am talking about, as he met with them also. He is looking into his GAF bag of tricks to find the calling card.
    The name Markum comes to mind.

Rick,
    Is this it?

Motor Works, Inc
    1625 Coolidge Ave.
    National City, CA 92950

619-233-4137 (fax)

Mike Kelly and Arturo Gonzalez

Hope this helps,
    Sherwood

I think so Sherwood, but not 100%. The name Markum Motors sticks in my mind. But, if they were at GAF, then it WAS them. I'll call them tomorrow. They stayed at the Holiday Inn where I did.

Rick,

Markum Motors is Larry Markum's place in Burbank CA.... used to be Dick's Porsche Repair before that... My engine guy Richard, works for Larry during the day... Markum Motors always has a booth at the GAF... it's predominately a 356 repair and restoration shop...

You probably got them confused with who ever was next or around them...

Hope this helps,

Cheers,
    Chuck Miller
    Creative Advisor/Message Board Moderator - Early 911S Registry #109
    R Gruppe #88

TYP901 #62
    '73S cpe #1099 - Matched # 2.7/9.5 RS spec rebuild
    '67 Malibu 327 spt cpe - Period 350 Rebuild

’98 Chevy S-10 – Utility
    ’15 GTI – Commuter

Ohh man... who's on first?

It's Larry Markham....

Markham Motor Works
    1819 W Burbank Blvd
    Burbank CA
    91506-1314
    818-848-4554

Rick, tell him you're a buddy of mine (it's sure to cost you double!). He's a great wrench, does a great job rebuilding carbs, etc.

Eric