Page 51 of 57 FirstFirst ... 414950515253 ... LastLast

Thread: eBay Sales History Thread - 911T

Year: 1971
    VIN Number: 9111112879
    Winning bid: US $14,109.11
    Sale date: Mar-24-08
    Notes: "You are bidding on a 1971 911T Targa which has been rebuilt and modified to "S" specifications and appearance. This 4 owner car has always been stored in a garage and was kept in Arizona and California for most of it's life (Ohio from 2000-2003). The car was just recently driven from Los Angeles to Tucson and ran like a champ.

The engine and transmission were rebuilt by Redline Service in Tucson, AZ. New valves and heads, dual Weber carbs, 911S distributor, newer conventional pattern 5-speed shift box, large diameter free flow exhaust, high back (1978) 911 seats, later model interior door panels, deep off set 911S wheels The car was originally Sepia brown with tan interior the second owner changed to black on black. New Pioneer stereo w/ remote, passenger door re-aligned and lock assembly replaced, left side heater box and hoses replaced, camshaft, flywheel and transmission seals replaced. Brake calipers, pads and Pirelli tires added within the last 5 years, also new Bilstein shocks. Replaced both front A-Arms, valve adjustments, replaced belts, plugs, fuel filter, resurfaced valve covers, cleaned and re-oiled air filters. Replaced started and electrical component of ignition switch. Replaced window, windshield and Targa seals. Brand new batteries as of Feb 2008. The paint shows some signs of wear with various chips and door dings."
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Peter Kane

'72 911S Targa
    Message Board Co-Moderator - Early 911S Registry #100

Year: 1970
    VIN Number: 9110122973
    Winning bid: US $13,750.00
    Sale date: Mar-25-08
    Notes: "1970 911T Coupe originaly pastel blue #2020-H. Car is now red and looks pretty good , except where door jams, engine bay and trunk where left blue (see pics). There is slight bubbleing at bottem of passenger door and at front of hood, no hood emblem. Car is very solid with no underbody rust issues and raises on jack points no problem.

Interior could use some attention, dash has some cracks by speaker. Seats and back dash need to be refinished. Could use new headliner and carpet getting pretty worn. Tach and odometer not working exact mileage not known.

Wheels are early 6x15 Hearts all five are dated 8/69

Engine is a true 73 911S # 6330835 and runs freely with no knocks or unusual noises. There is an oil leak that apperes to be coming from oil tank return line. The previous owner put 2.4T injection and shroud on engine. Car comes with a new s shroud part # 911 106 901 03. Car has 915 transmission.

This car is very solid and would make a great daily driver with very little effort. or an easy restoration as there is no welding to be done."
    Peter Kane

'72 911S Targa

Year: 1973
    VIN Number: 9113110537
    Winning bid: US $5,350.00
    Sale date: Mar-26-08
    Notes: "This auction is for a 1973 911t targa. Obviously someone "updated" it with steel SC rear flares and impact bumpers and it could be restored with that look or this car can be converted back to a stock look. The great things about this car is the orignal color is the special order bright metalic blue code 334 and it has its orignal mechanical fuel injection engine that runs. I ran it for a few seconds on starter fluid and it started right up with no knocks or bad sounds etc. The front and rear were modified slightly to accept impact bumpers so the conversion back to stock could be done without too much trouble. This is a California car that is super solid and rust free (see pics of floor pans and the troublesome battery areas).

Other details: there is a unit in the "smuggler's box" that I believe is an air conditioning unit, there is also a hole in the passenger foot well at the back of it ( see pics). I found some of the original color under the carpet (see picture). In case it is not obvious from the pictures this car needs a paint job. The drivers door panel is removed and I have most of the parts for it and they will go with the car. The dash is cracked badly, the carpet is shot. Just figure this car needs everything. Again the reason I believe it is worth restoring is that it is original with the numbers matching engine, was origianally a great color, is very solid and rust free and they made less than 2000 T targas for the US market in 73 so by collector car standards it is pretty rare.

This car has been sitting for a couple of years, the tires, the brake fluid and gas are old. This car needs to be towed and cannot be safely driven without maintenance.

This car has a "Salvage" title. I've been told it was stolen in the past. No signs of major accident damage in the past. I have the valid California "pink slip" title, I'm the current legal owner."
    Peter Kane

'72 911S Targa

Year: 1972
    VIN Number: 9112110024
    Winning bid: US $15,702.02
    Sale date: Mar-28-08
    Notes: "1972 PORSCHE 911T Targa - Beige Grey #622 / Brown Interior
    This is a very nice and sought after 1972 Porsche 911 Targa. It is one of 1821 US Targa built in 1972 and is car #24. The car is matching number car with the engine. The engine number is 6120037. The car pushes 140bhp @5600 rpm's. The car runs and drives with no problems. There is a minor oil leak (just drops) leaking from the oil filler area. The interior of the car is very nice and original. The very rare door pockets are all in tack and the original tool kit, spare, jack comes with the car. The car has the very rare Magnesium (The lightest wheel Porsche ever produced) and matching Spare. The car has been owned by the last owner since 1978. The car comes with a stack of records. The car is showing 58511 as the mileage and is supported by the records from the last owner. The cars Floor pans are Solid as is the Battery tray. The car has some flaws. The paint has been resprayed back in the 80's and it was a very presentable but not perfect. It is a great driver paint job. The car has some minor rust on the door bottoms that have started to bubble up. Hundreds of Photos available Options and Highlights 1972 911T Targa Coupe VIN: 9112110024 Engines#6120037 6cyl / Carb / 4spd Manual Brown Interior in Great Condition - With all fitting intact including door pockets. Exterior Paint is Good (I will score it 7.5 of 10). Early steering wheel All Keys / Original, Spare and jack."
    Peter Kane

'72 911S Targa

VIN Number: 9112111241
    Winning bid: US $11,001.00
    Sale date: Apr-06-08
    Notes: "1972 Porsche 911T Targa

VIN: 9112111241 #1241 of 1821

Transmission: 5 Speed Manual 915/12

Engine: 2.4L with PMO Carbs (MFI original) #6122924 2341cc 130hp@5600RPM 7.5:1 compression ratio

Color: Red now (original code 131-9-2: Light Ivory-coach builder- paint manufacture)

Miles: 85633 (82758 miles when we got her) I can not certify they are actual miles."

This not a perfect car, it does not run.

1972 Porsche 911T Targa with 2.4L 6 cylinders. Manufacturing date: 3/72 Vehicle has been in the family since 1996, she ran great once we got her running(up to 2003). She did not run when we got her. We had the MFI re-built and the fuel tank removed and cleaned. We re-build the complete brake system. All calipers were rebuilt, a new master cylinder was installed and all metal and rubber lines were replaced. She does not have power brakes, the first stop while the pads and rotors are cold can be exciting. The pedal cluster has the bronze bushing update. I planned to do the paint work and redo the interior. Once we got her running she ran great, what a fun car to drive, she was my dream car. 1972 was only year for oil fill door behind passenger door.

Oil and oil filter was changed every fall before she was put away for the winter. I also adjusted the valves at that time. Cam oil lines were replaced, all tune-up parts replaced several times. I put new plugs in it every spring. Uncle Sam had plans for me, and she sat for a full year and the MFI (Mechanical Fuel Injection) injector body was found to be faulty. It was not supplying fuel to 2 cylinders, two of the plungers did not move. So in 2004 the original MFI was removed and replaced with PMO Carburetor kit ($3,500). Check out their website: http://www.pmocarb.com/purchase.htm It’s a very nice kit. All MFI parts go with the car, and can be re-built. After installation of the carbs the number one cylinder was found to have low compression. She did run, but not very well. There is no evidence the engine has ever been out of the car. The engine will need to gone through, it does not make any bad noises, just does not run like it did. Since then it has been sitting in the garage, I have lost interest. If you are looking for a solid project car she is the one. I assume it would start, I have not tried since summer 2004. Assume the worst for the engine and bid accordingly. Do your homework before bidding, engine work can be expensive, it could just need a valve job, or a complete re-build. I do not mean to be negative, I just want the bidder to understand she needs work. If she ran I would keep her, I just do not have the time required to freshen her up.

The original color was 131-9-2 Light Ivory, it had a re-spray back in the 80’s. It has some rust bubbles and I have two nice rust free front fenders that go with the car, paid $1800.00 for the pair. (So that is $5300.00 in good parts alone.) Battery boxes are good, there are two Interstate batteries, and they are several years old. Most of original tool kit goes with the car. Extra set of Fuchs wheels from a ‘77 911S also go with the car. I was going to bead blast them and have them powder coated black.

The most of the interior is original, I think the drivers lower seat pad was replaced. Seats are have a hounds tooth pattern. She has the original radio, and typical crack in dash around speaker. It will need carpet. The rear “seats” are in good condition. Drives door stay was replaced, and all hood struts. Struts will need replaced again, they do not seem to last very long. The Targa top looks original may need freshened-up, good in case you get caught in the rain. I never drove with it installed. Two “nicer” heat valves also come with the car. Good glass all the way around.
    Peter Kane

'72 911S Targa

Year: 1969
    VIN Number: 119120650
    Winning bid: US $16,509.11
    Sale date: Apr-06-08
    Notes: "Hello, you are looking at a classic 1969 Porsche 911T. 6 cylinder, 2 liter engine, twin triple throat weber carbs with K&N filters. 4 speed manual transmission. 16" Porsche alloy wheels with matching spare. The spare does have some minor blemishes from a battery leak. The batteries have since been replaced.

This car has been well maintained and is in ready to drive condition. The brakes do not perform as well as they used to, and it is probably time for a brake job. The car runs well, but would benefit from a tune up and carb adjustment. 117,172 miles, the rebuilt engine has 25,000 miles on it. There are a couple of small oil leaks, one or two drops on driveway after a couple of days.

We are not sure of the original color, the car has been painted black. The body is straight and true, with no dents or rust. The trunk lid needs new gas shocks, as you can see from the picture. We will include the broom handle for your convenience at no extra charge. The paint is in good condition, but it is not a great paint job, there are a couple of bubbles in the paint on the hood, a small scratch above the right rear wheel, and the detail work inside the door jambs etc. is not great. The rear bumper is not original, we think it is from a later model, it appears that the car may have been rear ended at one time, as the engine lid is slightly out of alignment.

The interior is very clean and is in good condition for its age. There is a small split in the seam of the drivers seat, and a small crack in the dash. The door panels and hardware show some signs of wear and age, but again are in fair condition. The headliner is intact and is not sagging.

This car has a 10 disc Blaupunkt CD changer, tape deck and CD controller, door mounted and rear window mounted speakers.

This car has wonderfully responsive handling, and was created for long, leisurely drives down winding roads.

We are including some extra parts that are shown in the last picture."
    Peter Kane

'72 911S Targa

VIN Number: 9112500430
    Winning bid: US $20,500.00
    Sale date: Apr-09-08
    Notes: "This is a 1972 Porsche 911T in excellent condition. This is a rare opportinuty to own a pre- 1974 Coupe, car was recently repainted in its original color guards red, front seats have been redone in leather and are superb. This is a carbureted version, original Zenith carbs come rebuilt by our service department. This car drives beautifully and is for true Porsche lovers."
    Peter Kane

'72 911S Targa

VIN Number: 9112500430
    Winning bid: US $20,500.00
    Sale date: Apr-09-08
    I saw that car in person and it was a $5,000 - $6,000 car at most. Those seats and that dash were actually spray painted black. The other issues don't need to be mentioned here, since many are aware of the pitfalls of the non-galvanized body. Somebody got hosed.

VIN Number: 9110112163
    Winning bid: US $15,000.00 (BIN)
    Sale date: Apr-12-08
    Notes: "1970 911T Targa with ~120K miles. Engine runs well and the recently rebuilt 5-spd 915 tranny shifts nicely. The steering is tight and the brakes and suspension are firm.

Originally a California car that I just shipped to Michigan in July of ’07. Always garage kept and was not driven during its one winter in Michigan. I’ve owned the car for the past 4 years and am selling because I’m relocating to Japan and do not want to put the car in long term storage – it’s meant to be driven!

Maintenance History:

Have receipts for repairs performed as of 2001 (~8K miles driven since then). Highlights include:

New stainless steel heat exchangers installed

Rebuilt 915 tranny installed (original tranny was a 901)

Fuel pump replaced

Flywheel seal replaced

Short shift kit installed and coupler bushings replaced

Targa top skin and interior padding/headliner replaced

Clutch cable replaced

Clutch Disc and throwout bearing replaced

Pedal box bushings replaced

Fuel Level Sender replaced

Oil level sender and gasket replaced

Engine mounts replaced

Left rear wheel bearing replaced

Pedal box bushings replaced

Pedal pads replaced

Valves adjusted

Valve cover gaskets replaced

Optima battery installed (converted to a single battery setup, but can easily be converted back if desired)

Targa seals above door glass replaced

New targa rollbar seal and roll bar-to-back window seals purchased but not yet installed. These items included in sale.

Used replacement targa roll bar purchased, but not yet installed. Included in sale.

When I purchased the car in 2004, I was told by the seller that the previous owner had the engine rebuilt to the original “T” specs and that the suspension bushings were replaced. Although I’m certain this work was performed, I have no receipts for these two repairs.

Body:

Body is rust-free except for a tiny amount of surface rust near the pedal cluster as is shown in the picture. This floorboard is still very solid. Rest of car is rust free and very solid. Underpan, jack points and suspension points are all solid.

Paint is not perfect but looks good overall (see driver-side fender and fuel door filler blemishes noted in photos). Even with a few nicks it shows well and shines nicely.

The targa skin was recently replaced.

Interior:

Overall the interior is in pretty good shape. The original carpets are clean and intact, and there are new 911 floormats installed on top of these. Front seats have no tears and are comfortably padded. The dash has a couple small cracks (as shown in the photo). Door pockets have been removed and replaced with blank covers. Rear seats have not seen any recent use and are in good shape. Targa headliner was recently replaced and looks good. All gauges work except for the clock. Sony stereo/CD player with detachable face plate recently installed. Polk 6” speakers and tweeters mounted in the doors.

Wheels/Tires:

Tires are Pirelli P6000’s mounted on Fuchs, and they have plenty of tread. Full size spare tire (Michelin) mounted on Fuch rim included. 911 jack also included.

Known issues:

The starter occasionally grinds against the ring gear when starting the engine. This happens maybe once every 20 starts. I recently purchased a replacement (used) ring gear that should solve the problem, but have not had the time to install it. It is included in the sale. Also have a spare used starter that is included in the sale.

The stainless steel Targa roll bar shell is a bit dinged up on the drivers side (see photo of targa-to-roll bar interface). The old rubber on the targa roll bar is dry-rotted and does not make a good seal. I have purchased, but not yet installed new rubber seals and a nice used replacement stainless steel shell. These items are included in the sale."
    Peter Kane

'72 911S Targa

VIN Number: 9110110237
    Winning bid: US $13,609.11
    Sale date: Apr-12-08
    Notes: "This is a very clean, ready to drive 1970 Porsche 911 Targa.

NOTE: Mileage comment below (Ebay makes you put a number in for mileage)

History

This was purchased by the current owner in 2000 and has been driven about 5000 miles since 2000. It drives exceptionally well and responds as a Porsche should. The car engine was recently serviced by an experienced mechanic and runs very strong. The car passed PA license inspection in 2001, (see owners comments below.) It has 4 new tires and a new battery. The actual mileage is not really known because there is no hundred thousand indicator in the odometer. This car was discovered stored in an out-of-the-way garage in PA perhaps as part of an estate sale and sold by a dealer in York, PA. There is no history available from the dealer.

Condition

The only rust found was a small area at the base of the accelerator (shown in pictures). It has been garage kept and covered. Pictures of a white car just do not due it justice. The minor nicks on the driver door can be seen in the pictures as well as paint bubbles and a scrape on the rear license panel. The left fog light cover fell off and was run over during prepping the car for photos. Parts, except for glass, are available but the ring is bent badly. It appears that the original paint has some cracks, but you have to look very closely to see them. Minor ding on right door but hard to see. The right front fender looks like it may have been painted, but since we have no history on this car, we can only guess. There is no rust apparent in the wheel wells or underneath car. It has a gas heater but it was disconnected and removed by the current owner. The parts are available. There is a full size spare tire with Porsche rim. The top easily comes off to be stored in the front boot. This top has stitching loss in the front drivers side edge probably caused by old threads. There is no damage to the top at all except for edge separation caused by the stitching loss. The seats are really clean and damage free. The door panels and part of the dash may have been replaced, but I just don't know for sure. If they are original, it is very well preserved. The carpets in the passenger side are poor and will have to be replaced. There is a floor pad there now. The carpets on the driver’s side may have to be replaced also. There is a fairly new CD radio that works well with the 6 inch new speakers.

The engine has 6 Webber carbs, touring edition with manual 5 speed transmission."
    Peter Kane

'72 911S Targa