Page 53 of 57 FirstFirst ... 3435152535455 ... LastLast

Thread: eBay Sales History Thread - 911T

Year: 1970
    VIN Number: 9110102408
    Winning bid: US $5,350.00
    Sale date: Apr-30-08
    Notes: "Up for sale is a nice 1970 911 that was updated to look like a late 70’s-80’s model Carrera. This car needs a little TLC to make it a nice daily driver or a full restoration for the enthusiast. From what I understand, the conversion (engine, repaint, rear wheel flares and QTR panels which are slightly wider than the original ones --and yes they are steel, and interior) was done around 1994.

Interior is from a ‘77 model and looks great ($2300 was spent on this alone and I have the receipt). No rips or tears in seat or dash. Could use a little soap and water to make it cleaner. Door pieces could use a little glue here and there to fasten to door better. Also, driver side back seat does not stay up by itself but looks nice. Headliner is black and flawless. Sun visors look good too. I don’t think dash is original nor the gauges so I DO NOT REPRESENT MILEAGE TO BE CORRECT!!!!!!!!! It’s just what it reads. Electric windows work although the button on the driver side that controls passenger window does not work, but passenger window works with passenger button. Porsche OEM floormats.

Exterior looks pretty good from 5-10 ft away. Paint has a nice gloss as you can see but there are numerous spots where it is starting to crack and bubble, mainly on the hood and around some windows. Also the chrome pieces around windows were painted black and they are starting to peel. The black on the rims are peeling as well. Tires have about 35-45% and are a little on the dry side. Bumpers are intact, gaps between panels are good. Driver side door sags a little when opened but is fine when closed. I think the bolts holding it just need to be adjusted. The body is pretty straight with a few small door dings on each door but nothing major. Somebody spent big bucks on this conversion when it was done.

Whale tale is aftermarket fiberglass.

There are spots of rust underneath (see Pics) and is probably the cause of some of the bubbling of the paint as is common with most 911’s. If it weren’t for those spots the paint could be left alone.

From what I understand the engine is a 3.0 (from a 79?) I did a search using the number printed on top of fan housing (see Pic) and that is what I got. ENGINE DOES NOT RUN. WILL NOT START. I was told the fuel distributor should be replaced as well as the Head Studs. I was also told the front brake calipers need replaced. I do not have the time to do this nor the know how so I have to decided to sell."
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Peter Kane

'72 911S Targa
    Message Board Co-Moderator - Early 911S Registry #100

Year: 1972
    VIN Number: 9112102209
    Winning bid: US $18,300.00
    Sale date: May-01-08
    Notes: "I have for sale a 1972 911 with a 964 turbo body and a 2.7 engine with a five speed trans. It is a beautiful car! I will do my best to give you an idea of all the modifications done. I have a three ring binder full of receipts dating back to 1995. They have detailed information of all the work and expense it took to make this car what it is today. Somewhere around 20-30 thousand was spent between 1995-1997 to do the conversion. Recently in 2007 over 5 thousand was spent to fix anything that was needed with the car. It starts, runs, and tracks great! Just a fun little car!

2007-
    Tach rebuild
    Air filter straps
    RR wheel bearing
    Remote door locks
    Hood and trunk struts
    cv boots
    Fuel sending unit
    Oil tank sender
    Warm up regulator
    New tires-- Toyo Proxes 4 215/45/17 front and 255/40/17 rear

1995-1997-
    2.7 motor and 5 spd installed
    Alternator
    Electrical panel

Body--Front bumper, rear bumper, quarter panels, hood, turbo wing, mirrors, lights, seal and undercoat

Suspension- ball joints, tie rod ends, stainless brake lines, shocks, trailing arms, master cylinder

Interior- New carpet, steering column, floormats, Cerullo leather seats, kenwood cd player with infinti speakers, door inserts. (black interior with red accents and white headliner)

Wheels- Simmons three piece wheels ( one rear wheel has a little curb rash)

So that is a brief summary of what has been done. I would say the condition of the car is very good. The paint is glossy with no rock chips on front, minimal chips on bottom front of rear quarters. There are a few spots in engine compartment and under hood where you can tell car was once red. A little touch up paint would take care of it, I just have not got around to it. The interior looks great. Carpet and seats look new. I like the white headliner but might not be for everyone. There is a lever for cold starts that is no longer attached. I have had no problems with that. It starts up every time. It does have a couple of small oil leaks which are common on these. Nothing major at all though."
    Peter Kane

'72 911S Targa

Year: 1969
    VIN Number: 119122239
    Winning bid: US $8,100.00
    Sale date: May-03-08
    Notes: "Porsche 911T, chassis number 119122239. The car was manufactured in 1968, and titled as a 1969. I believe that the 6-cylinder engine and 5-speed transmission match, but will try to confirm this. The car is solid, original, almost entirely complete, and does not suffer from rust (apart from some very minor and non-structural surface rust on the undercarriage). However, it currently does not run and is being represented as a project car. The odometer suggests that this vintage Porsche has covered 117,288 miles. The pattern suggested by bills dating back to the mid-1980s supports this, but the mileage is not guaranteed.

History:

This was a well-maintained 911T when I purchased it in Mississippi in 2002. Records suggest that the car was previously in Florida, Texas, and California. I put about 2,000 miles on it, until 2005 when it suffered a carburetor fire of short duration. The engine compartment, carburetors, wiring, paint on the rear deck and drivers side fender were damaged. The rear window also shattered and the interior was superficially damaged by smoke and water. Fortunately, the integrity of the body does not appear to have been compromised. The car has been stored in Florida. Over the last two years, I have completed most of the restoration work and purchased nearly all the parts needed to finish. However, as an aficionado of less sophisticated British cars, I find that the final stages are beyond my expertise.

Mechanical:

The carburetors are vintage triple-choke Solex off an earlier 911. They appear to be in good condition, but were missing a couple of small parts when I purchased them and would benefit from rebuilding. The original Weber IDA40s are included, and may be salvageable. The engine seems to turn over, but feels quite stiff. I have not attempted to force it nor start the car. Bidders should assume that it needs attention and possibly a rebuild. Several new seals were installed—notably on the valve and timing covers. The wiring has been replaced from the transmission with a vintage circa 1970 Porsche 911 harness from the transmission back, but the connections at the engine have not been made. A tangle of spare harnesses and other wiring are also included. A new clutch disk was installed for good measure—the pressure plate and throw-out bearing appeared to be in good condition. The 5-speed transmission itself appears unaffected—it worked flawlessly before the mishap. I do not have the proper relay panel, but have many parts (voltage regulator, relays, a later Porsche panel, etc. which may be fitted). Many other miscellaneous parts have been replaced, repaired, sandblasted and/or painted as well. Everything else (except the clock) was working as it should when I last drove it. Two new 205/70 tires are included, mounted on two of the four Fuchs wheels, which are in very good condition. The other two tires are in acceptable condition on the rear.

Body:

In the process of repainting the driver’s side rear quarter panel, I noted previous minor damage that had been repaired professionally. Bills suggest that the car was repainted in the mid-1980s. I can discern no other evidence of accident or rust damage. The panel gaps are good and the doors have close precisely with the reassuring sound characteristic of Porsches. The blue-green metallic paint (a Mercedes-Benz color) does appear to be at least one shade lighter than the rest of the car, despite attempts to carefully match the color. The repainted areas are imperfect, as shown in the photos. Straps used during transportation rubbed through the paint in two places across the nose of the car. Otherwise, most of the paint is in fairly good condition. The undercarriage is in very good condition, showing only minor surface rust as indicated in the photos. I have purchased a vintage replacement rear window, though it does not fit well and requires attention. Either the seal or the glass may be incorrect. The rear deck has not been attached, though it appears to fit with the proper gaps. The floor pans suffered only surface rust as an indirect result of the fire and have been prepped and repainted.

Interior

The interior is nearly all original, except for the rear panels and re-fabricated rear valance, which have been recovered with vinyl closely matching the original. The headliner was replaced, but requires attention. Traces of pitting are evident on the gauge bezels. The presumably original carpet, seats, panels, etc. were cleaned thoroughly. As the photographs indicate, the interior is in remarkably good, original condition. The front trunk is also in excellent condition. The battery boxes (2) are solid and betray only a small amount of surface rust. Many years ago, a previous owner added a vintage Nardi steering wheel. I have been told that it is quite valuable. At any rate, it represents a marked improvement over the Porsche original (which I do not have)."
    Peter Kane

'72 911S Targa

Year: 1973
    VIN Number: 9113110593
    Winning bid: US $3,600.00
    Sale date: May-05-08
    Notes: "Up for sale is a 1973, 911 T Targa. This is an early 1973 rolling Chassis, with no motor or transmission included. It does include the mechanical fuel injection sytem that came with the car. I have owned this car, and have had it in storage for the past 20 years. The last time the vehicle was tagged, was in 1984. It basically has been sitting since.

The original color on the car, was a rare, #024 Rose Red. The car was repainted sometime in the early eighties with the current dark blue. You can still see the original color in the wheel wells. All of the glass is in excellent condition, with no chips in the windshield. The Targa bar is in perfect shape. The door and window bright work shows some corrosion, but it appears to be on the surface and should come out with some polish. When I got the car years ago, I pulled the hood and deck lid and had them stripped and primed. Both are in good shape and don't appear do have been damaged. No bondo in either. One of the fenders on the car is not original and the car has had some front end damage at some time. The repairs that were made stopped before the shock towers and it doesn't look like they replaced any body panels. They worked the wrinkles with a hammer. Some of the fender mounting holes near the front apron are messed up from the repair. The channels where the hood weather stripping goes, shows signs of being worked. The body man did and okay job, nothing great. The only rust on the car is in the front end at the mounting point for the front suspension. This should be and easy fix. The battery boxes are solid. The floor boards are very solid with no rust. There is a very small hole located on the drivers side rocker, interior side, located right by the kick plate at the rear jam. The rear license panel is there, but has some wrinkles. The doors are solid with no rust and close nicely. I have all of the marker lenses, headlight assemblies and body trim, including the crest and rear deck letters and numbers.

The targa top is in good condition and just needs to be redone. The seats are not original to the car. From the receipts for work done in the eighties, they came out of a 944. The dash is in overall good shape, but does have a couple of the typical cracks. All of the gages are intact and I assume they work but have had no way to test them. I do not have the original radio. The interior door panels are in pretty good shape and both door pockets function well. The window regulators work well, as well as the vent glass. The wheels on the car are original 6" Fuchs, and all have production dates of 01/72. They are in great shape with no curb rash and just need a little Pam to bring them back to life.

The fuel injection system is complete with pump, throttle bodies and velocity stacks. I don't think I have the injectors. One of the throttle bodies has some heavy pitting in one of the chambers, but can be reworked.

I would say the car is 98% complete, less of course the motor and transmission. The car is a serious project, but restorable."
    Peter Kane

'72 911S Targa

Year: 1972
    VIN Number: 9112100283
    Winning bid: US $17,101.50
    Sale date: May-07-08
    Notes: "YOU ARE BIDDING ON A VERY CLEAN 1972 PORSCHE 911T! THIS CAR IS IN GOOD CONDITION AND NEEDS NOTHING! THE CAR HAS BEEN OWNED FOR OVER 10 YRS BY THIS OWNER. THE CAR HAS THE 2.4 MFI MOTOR WHICH WAS REBUILT 3 YRS AGO AND HAS ABOUT 6K ON HER. THE CAR ITSELF HAS 75K. THE 911 HAS A CLEAN TITLE, AFTERMARKET SEATS, MOMO STEERING WHEEL, MICHILIN SPORT TIRES, BRAIDED BRAKE LINES. THE CAR RUNS, SOUNDS AND DRIVES VERY GOOD."
    Peter Kane

'72 911S Targa

Year: 1970
    VIN Number: 9110110338
    Winning bid: US $14,544.44
    Sale date: May-10-08
    Notes: "VIN# 9110110338
    Built 9/69
    Engine 1971 2.2T block - makes BIG power, modified engine
    Color: Metallic Blue; originally Bahia Red
    5 speed transmission
    Fuchs alloys
    New brakes, suspension work

This car is a project car that acquired through a local San Diego wholesale car dealer. The car was sold to me because I am the local Porsche go to guy. So what do I know about this car? – It’s got a powerful engine and its rust free!

First thing I noticed was when the car was started up - how good the engine sounded. This engine is not a stock 2.2L T engine. This engine has been built to 911E or higher specs. I do not know what the engine mods are but it sounds like it has some cam and some type of larger Mahle piston/cylinder (Mahle aluminum barrels can be seen from underneath). The car was run at my shop next to a stock 1970 2.2T engine - the sound difference was obvious – this motor has a quicker rev curve and a deeper sound than the stock 2.2T engine. This one makes big power – enough to spin the tires. Other noticed items are recent Carrera pressure fed tensioners, recently refreshed Zenith carburetion, excellent original early heat exchangers/exhaust, transmission shifts well and clutch feels great.

Looking at the body of this car and going by my 15+ years of experience dealing solely with vintage cars I am amazed how there is no rust on the entire car. Even in the usual trouble spots such as the battery/front pan area, under the targa bar, any of the floor pans, or anywhere else. There is NO RUST ON THIS CAR!!!! The paint condition is shiny but the painter did a poor job. The body of this car is straight, however, the passenger front fender body work will need more to make it right. Personally I would repaint the car to its original Bahia Red.

The brakes have been serviced recently. Looks like new or fully rebuilt calipers, new ball joints, new tie rods, new rear spring plate bushings. The car drives straight and stops very well.

It needs to be finished; it is a very strong mechanical and structurally sound car. The interior is not complete, the heater system in the front trunk is missing, the targa top needs to be rebuilt, and various parts will need to be sorted in order to make this a good driver. What you will not need to do is: rebuild the drive train or repair any major rust/body damage. I have no records or history for this car. Actual mileage is unknown

Features:

Emissions exempt in CA
    Rust free California 1970 911 Targa body
    71 911T engine that has been built up – lots of power - Aluminum cylinders
    Carrera tensioners
    5 speed transmission, large 215mm pull clutch
    Factory colored glass (green tint)
    Fuchs 14x5.5” wheels with new tires
    Recent major brake and suspension work
    Koni rear shocks
    Current California registration until January 2009 – Clean title no salvage, liens or other branding"
    Peter Kane

'72 911S Targa

VIN Number: 9113101116
    Winning bid: US $21,152.52
    Sale date: May-10-08
    Notes: "Here is a nice 1973 Porsche 911 T , MFI . This is a California car with no rust issues. If your looking for a nice 911 this may be the one you want.

VIN # 9113101116

Motor # 6123468 911/51

Color Code # 131-9-2

Trans # 915/02 7334384

Exterior: The exterior of the car is in good shape. There is a scrape on the front drivers 1/4 panel. Also there is a dent in front of the pass rear tire. There are pics of both of these areas. The rest of the body is in very good shape. The gaps are good and the doors open and ping as they should. As you can see in the pics, the trim of the 1973 911 is still all there and in good shape.

Interior: The interior is getting a new carpet kit. The seats will be reinstalled Monday. Ill post pics of the interior as soon as its installed. The seats are in very good shape and are black. The headiner is in good shape. The dash does have cracks. There is no radio.

Motor: The motor is the 2.4 MFI . The motor runs well. New points, cap, rotor, plugs, belt, wires. oil , oil filter, fuel filter.

Trans: The trans operates as it should with no issues.

Wheels: The Porsche has new Pirellis and are mounted on Polished Fuchs that look great.

The odometer shows 50000 miles plus.The cars miles you should considered to be exempt just do to the age of the car.

Glass: The glass is in good shape with no issues

The 911 has two new batteries, new gas tank, new trunk carpet kit, new interior carpet, new tires. The 911 comes with its tool kit, jack, manual, spare tire.This 911 Im sure will make the next owner happy."
    Peter Kane

'72 911S Targa

VIN Number: 9113101810
    Winning bid: US $8,500.00 (BIN)
    Sale date: May-12-08
    Notes: "1973 Porsche 911T. Serial Number: 9113101810. Engine Number: 6270781. Original color is Light Ivory. I recently purchased this vehicle from the original family that bought it back in ’73. I had the intention of restoring it myself, however, I do not have the time for the project. I am hoping that it will go to a good home. Mechanically the engine is strong. The 5 speed transmission is smooth as well. All the electrical system is fully functional. The glass is clear and original Sekurit. The entire undercarriage is solid and free from rust. There are some rust spots on the body (see pictures). The car is drivable as is, however, the brakes are sticky from sitting and will need to be gone through. The driver door does not fit properly and will need to be adjusted. The paint is poor and will need to be redone. The interior will need also need to be redone. The seatbelts are missing and the driver door panel/handle are missing, however, otherwise the car is complete. Includes the original spare. This is a solid canditdate for restoration that an be driven while you work on it, however, it does need work. Currently registered through April 2009 in California. Clear Title. I have tried to be as honest and clear about the condition of this vehicle, however, is sold AS IS. Buyer arranges for shipping/pick up."
    Peter Kane

'72 911S Targa

Year: 1969
    VIN Number: 119122526
    Winning bid: US $25,100.00
    Sale date: May-13-08
    Notes: "Stunning original 1969 Porsche 911T. Factory paint code is 6808 Burgundy and the interior is tan leatherette and is a truly beautiful combination. This true classic coupe embodies the raw Porsche driving experience. It's beautiful, ready to drive, needs nothing. The 69 is considered the best of the 'long hood' 911s because of its longer wheelbase and improved ventilation systems while still being very lightweight. The vin # is 119122526. Factory S options include S gauges and Fuchs alloys. It has an older restoration that still looks excellent. The paint is very, very nice and there is no rust anywhere. Garaged always and covered, and never driven in the snow or rain but started and driven almost every weekend, to keep those seals and gaskets in good shape. Very reliable, never fails to start. Drives great and shifts fine, but as with many 40 year old cars, downshifting into 1st gear can be problematic, so I never do, and lets face facts, this is a vintage gearbox. The motor does not smoke. No major oil leaks, but it drips 1 drop of oil a week and I simply keep a piece of cardboard under the car. Now for the details: Original "high revving" 2.0 liter engine sporting Weber 40IDA carbs and K&N air filters. The motor number is #6196483 and is a 901/16 (US motor). I have records going back to the mid-80s and the current mileage of 145,000 seems to jive with my records, so to the best of my knowledge, the mileage is accurate. The engine and transmission had a complete rebuild about 20 years ago but it looks and drives like it was done a year or 2 ago. That's probably because only about 29K has been driven since the rebuild and it's been garaged and well cared for. It has a Weltmeister Short-Shift kit as well as Turbo valve covers installed. Front & rear sway bars. Bridgestone Potenza tires about 1/2 worn. Muffler was replaced with factory stock muffler about a year ago. Everything works with the exception of the clock. The interior is fantastic, the original seats are in excellent condition with absolutely no rips or splits. The carpets were replaced several years ago and still look mint because the mats protected them perfectly. The dash is cracked thru the speaker, but I could certainly live with it. Door panels and armrests are excellent. Door pockets are missing, but pocket areas are covered nicely. Back seats are nice. This car has seatbelts front and rear. Headliner is excellent as are the sunvisors. All glass is excellent. Great Sony CD/Am/Fm/MP3 200watt Stereo with remote control & Blaupunkt door speakers sounds great and works fine. The boot is super nice, no rust, even in the battery boxes. Spare on original steel rim w/ Porsche 356 hubcap has Goodyear Eagle tire. Original toolkit included. Trunk carpets are like new. I would call this car a very nice driver, but it is very clean and it turns heads everywhere I go. I'm a PCA member and this car won 2nd place in the 2007 local concourse event (see photos below). This car is a blast to drive. It is nearly 40 years old and it’s not a perfect car, the restoration is 20 years old and it does have some minor flaws. If you are looking for a museum piece, this may not be the car for you, but if you want a Great Car to drive and enjoy, this should be considered. This car is sold as-is and there is no warrantee. I encourage you to come and see the car or I can have a local mechanic assess the car for you at your expense. I am also willing to assist in arranging shipping of this vehicle anywhere. Here are many photos to show this car is the real deal, super nice, well cared for, always garaged. As you can see the car is very clean. I lifted the rugs so you can see the floors. I also pulled the rug out of the boot so you could get a good look in there. The motor speaks for itself."
    Peter Kane

'72 911S Targa

Year: 1971
    VIN Number: 9111112689
    Winning bid: US $12,501.00
    Sale date: May-22-08
    Notes: "You are bidding on a Fantastic 1971 Porsche 911T. It is the Targa model. This car looks and runs great! I have included a video of the car running to show how good it runs. This car is definately a classic and the exterior and interior are in good condition. This car has no rust! The floor pans are completely solid and are original. There is no rust in the floor pans at all. This car is solid. I have included in the video a shot of the fender wells as well as under neath the car. You won't be disappointed with this car. I am missing the front trim on the car in the pictures. I do have the trim but do not have the rubber insert. It costs about $100. There is a tear on the drivers seat where you rub your rear end when you get in and out of the car but I can have that repaired for you to original standards for $150 if you want. Other than that, this car is great. The roof does not leak in the rain and I also have another mirror for the passenger door that I never put on. You may want down the road, to replace some of the window seals since it does have some wind noise when on the highway.

You would look so cool driving this classic Porsche 911T. This is truly a wonderful car. The lack of rust is unbelievable for a Porsche this old. This car Idles like a new car and runs great. Low miles make this car a gem to own. You will certainly turn some heads and impress your friends with this classic Porsche!"
    Peter Kane

'72 911S Targa