Page 57 of 57 FirstFirst ... 747555657

Thread: eBay Sales History Thread - 911T

Quote Originally Posted by 72targa View Post
    Year: 1973
    VIN Number: 9113100121
    Winning bid: US $30,000.00
    Sale date: Feb-22-06
    Notes: The seller ended this listing early to sell to the high bidder(s) at current bid price.
    I have found the Maintenance Record of this 73T 9113100121. So with an Original State issued Vehicle Title.

I just noticed this thread, after all these years. But I can pick it up right in sequence. I bought this ‘69T in 2014 on eBay locally for about $18K. It needed…everything. Seven years and some $75K or more (I’ve never added it all up) later, it was done. I learned a lot. You know that adage, “Never pay to restore a car….”? C8E718A1-0B0C-42E6-A9CD-2BF4E0A2B6F8.jpg84903EEE-BB51-4BA0-BC63-7BA237F80D5E.jpg
    Rich Spritz

1959 BMC Huffaker Mk1 Formula Junior racecar
    1967 Porsche 911 racecar
    1969 Porsche 911T
    1970 Winkelmann WDF2 Formula Ford racecar
    1973 Merlyn Mk24 Formula Ford racecar
    2007 Porsche 997C4 cab (totaled by an idiot running a stop sign)
    2014 Porsche 991 TurboS cab
    2019 Cayman GTS (wife's)

Looks like that 75k included some choice non-factory upgrades. Nice work!
    MBR #3926
    '71 911 T Targa "Rick White"
    '71 911 E "Karen"
    '70 S/T
    '16 CD
    '10 E61 "Vomit Comet"

Year: 1971
    VIN Number: 9111100047
    Winning bid: US $9,119.11
    Date sold: Apr-30-07
    Notes: "Car is currently registered in California. I've been driving it and it is a blast. I thought I could bear to sell enough bikes to keep it in the garage but I can't so it needs to go. Cold blooded starter since the Webers don't have chokes. Warm, it idles away and doesn't miss a beat, trans is solid and it doesn't pop out of any gear.

Runs true and doesn't have rattles or odd noises. Mechanically it is in great shape making me think the 97000 showing on the odo are accurate. New driver seat cover isn't installed, might get to it before it goes...probably not. Pan and suspension points are solid, has the area of rust pictured.

It was originally green and the repaint has nicks and scratches. All gauges except the clock work. Strong oil pressure and it doesn't run hot. Oil was just changed. Horn doesn't work and neither do the high beams and it feels like the brakes need bleeding. A nice, solid car that with some fiddling will be even better. Pick up available in Magalia, CA.

Just back from driving the car about 90 miles, probably my last ride in it since once it is paid for I won't move it. It drove fine though but, as usual, it was a bitch to start cold. Once warm, it spun over clean and fired right up and idled at 600 rpm.

70mph is just under 3,200 rpm and it felt like it could do it all day. It's met reserve and then some so be aware of the notes in the ad and in the questions-it has a variety of small issues though they are easily forgotten when you're behind the wheel but they are there and it will take some time and $ to put them all right. Also, the nicks and door dings don't show in the pix but they are there and the car should be repainted.

I've also turned up a new Porsche windshield rubber, some door shims, and a chrome period correct mirror that all go with the car at no additional charge."

Now here, looking quite a bit different…

https://www.porschetucson.com/invent...1-t-9111100047
    Peter Kane

'72 911S Targa
    Message Board Co-Moderator - Early 911S Registry #100

Year: 1970
    VIN Number: 9110120033
    Winning bid: US $8,275.00
    Date sold: Mar-28-07
    Notes: "This 1970 911T is one of the classic small bumper Porsches which are some of the fastest appreciating sports cars in today’s markets because of their relatively low production numbers and the fact that most of the ones produced have since been modified beyond recognition or have simply corroded away and been scrapped.

This is a fun and sporty vintage 911 and is ready to be taken to the next level by someone who will put it to use. The build date on the body sticker is July of 1969. The engine number stamp is 6105056. The VIN number matches all of the locations on the body that we inspected. The carriage was done by Karmann. Original paint code is 1313. Transmission is the 901 "dogleg".

The interior seems mostly original with the exception of the front seats which appear to be from another 70's model, the steering wheel, and some stainless trim peices added by a previous owner. The radio is also gone. The rear seats are in good condition as most are due to the fact that nobody can really fit in them.

The exterior is in great shape with no signs of collision. The glass is good. The tires are almost brand new.The headliner is in good shape, and the carpet is fair.

The paint is glossy, no cracks or bubbles like most cars of this era have, but there is a surface scratch on the driver's side (see pictures) and there may be a tiny rock blemish here and there, but the car looks good as you can see.

The car starts up every time when I follow the owner's ritual of spraying some starter fluid in the air intake trunk, pressing the gas pedal, and turning the ignition. The engine revs and runs strong. The car is not being driven currently due to a gas leak on the lower seals where the carb meets the body on the left side. I think that the seals simply dried out as the car sat for about 4 years. We had a Porsche shop quote us $500 to redo the seals of both carbs. The best part about this car is that I haven't seen a drop of oil leak, which is very hard to find for these cars.

Mechanically it seems sound, it does smoke as most of these vintage cars do. The actual mileage is unknown. The pans seem solid with no visible rust. A previous owner siliconed the seams of the pans, I can't see any spots where it is rusted through. The only rust spot that I found is on the passenger side battery box. Car comes with spare FUCHS, needs second battery."
    Now here…

https://classics.autotrader.com/clas.../911/101856469

Looks a bit different.
    Peter Kane

'72 911S Targa

Looking for this car, can anyone help?

I'm looking for this car, can anyone help me find it?

Year: 1969
    VIN Number: 119120082
    Winning bid: US $8,400.00
    Date sold: Oct-23-06
    Notes: Engine #6195119; "Really nice solid 911T with many desireable S options: "S" appearance package, Vented "S" brakes with alloy calipers, "S" gauges, front and rear sway bars, "S" leather wheel (only very lightly showing its age, really superior), original tool kit, new stainless exhaust, valves adjusted, oil changed, and carbs synced today, all of the good stuff you are looking for, none of the twitchyness of the high-strung S and the iffy suspension of the E. Re-manufactered Weber IDA 40 carbs. Interior in very clean shape, headliner very good, seats beautiful (though the stuffing is a bit flat), radio is an early 70s Blaupunkt cassette deck that looks good and works, the door pockets are all there and just need a little fiddling (I will send along a bungie). Third owner, second family. 123, 000 miles are believed to be accurate and documents show that the car has covered 1300 miles in the last 17 years, though the car has not sat unrun in that time. The inner and outer rockers were done as was the battery box. The paint is what I would call good for 10 feet. Done 15 years ago. Very deep gloss, but the paint on the hood is checked. No rust bubbles in any of the usual places at all. The car pulls very strong in all gears, and shifts smoothly. Second gear syncro is a little weak when cold, but shifts well when warmed up."

Year: 1970
    VIN Number: 9110120033
    Winning bid: US $8,275.00
    Date sold: Mar-28-07
    Notes: "This 1970 911T is one of the classic small bumper Porsches which are some of the fastest appreciating sports cars in today’s markets because of their relatively low production numbers and the fact that most of the ones produced have since been modified beyond recognition or have simply corroded away and been scrapped.

This is a fun and sporty vintage 911 and is ready to be taken to the next level by someone who will put it to use. The build date on the body sticker is July of 1969. The engine number stamp is 6105056. The VIN number matches all of the locations on the body that we inspected. The carriage was done by Karmann. Original paint code is 1313. Transmission is the 901 "dogleg".

The interior seems mostly original with the exception of the front seats which appear to be from another 70's model, the steering wheel, and some stainless trim peices added by a previous owner. The radio is also gone. The rear seats are in good condition as most are due to the fact that nobody can really fit in them.

The exterior is in great shape with no signs of collision. The glass is good. The tires are almost brand new.The headliner is in good shape, and the carpet is fair.

The paint is glossy, no cracks or bubbles like most cars of this era have, but there is a surface scratch on the driver's side (see pictures) and there may be a tiny rock blemish here and there, but the car looks good as you can see.

The car starts up every time when I follow the owner's ritual of spraying some starter fluid in the air intake trunk, pressing the gas pedal, and turning the ignition. The engine revs and runs strong. The car is not being driven currently due to a gas leak on the lower seals where the carb meets the body on the left side. I think that the seals simply dried out as the car sat for about 4 years. We had a Porsche shop quote us $500 to redo the seals of both carbs. The best part about this car is that I haven't seen a drop of oil leak, which is very hard to find for these cars.

Mechanically it seems sound, it does smoke as most of these vintage cars do. The actual mileage is unknown. The pans seem solid with no visible rust. A previous owner siliconed the seams of the pans, I can't see any spots where it is rusted through. The only rust spot that I found is on the passenger side battery box. Car comes with spare FUCHS, needs second battery."
    Now on BaT…

https://bringatrailer.com/listing/1970-porsche-911t-54/
    Peter Kane

'72 911S Targa