'67 R Fs

All I know is what's in the text:

http://www.autocollections.com/index...&tab=inventory

Jim
    SWBGRUPPE
    Dues Paid Member #279

maybe

I would consider it,except I have one!!

Frank, go to the corner and stand as punishment for being a show-off....

It isnteresting how that car keeps popping up. Sure is cool though!
    Renn-Spot - Cars & parts For Sale - http://renn-spot.blogspot.com/
    1970 911"S" - Black (originally silver)
    1974 911"S" - Silver
    1973 911"T" - Bahia Red - Now Sold
    10 sec 67 VW
    Early "S" Registry #439

Frank just did that so he could reach a Porsche milestone - 356 posts.

As for the '67 R, don't know how good a car it is, but it's kinda' nifty that it was ordered by Lance Reventlow. My first Sports Car race was at (the infield) portion of The Milwaukee Mile in the early sixties and Augie Pabst was there with one of those gorgeous front-engined Scarabs and Lance was hanging around and looking cool. He was probably in his mid-twenties at the time! Another racer at the event was Bill Weusthof in a Porsche 550. Bill was, and still is, owner of my local Porsche dealership, Concours Motors, and this month celebrated 50 years in business.

Jim
    SWBGRUPPE
    Dues Paid Member #279

67r

This was the car at Blackhawk in Pebble Beach in 2004. It was silver then. Price then $350,000, I recall. This year, car was at Blackhawk, now in blue, and the price I think was $425,000. Car seemed rough even after the repaint. Frank's car looks much better than this car. With all that said, Gee, I would sure love to own ANY 67R, let alone Frank's
    S Registry #265
    R Gruppe #224

I wish that car was still silver....
    _B
    Sent from a pay phone

888888 eL, Oph'eL'ia

Instagram: werk_crew
    www.werkcrew.com
    www.werkcrew.tumblr.com
    www.handofwinter.tumblr.com

$400K
    Early 911S Registry #750
    1970 911E - The Good Stuff
    2001 Toyota Landcruiser

67 R

Wasn't the silver one @ Blackhawk last year the Matsuda car? This isn't that car is it?

Quote Originally Posted by bob tilton
    I wish that car was still silver....
    But Bob, the Blue paint sets it apart from all of those "run of the mill" silver and white ones!
    Renn-Spot - Cars & parts For Sale - http://renn-spot.blogspot.com/
    1970 911"S" - Black (originally silver)
    1974 911"S" - Silver
    1973 911"T" - Bahia Red - Now Sold
    10 sec 67 VW
    Early "S" Registry #439

Quote Originally Posted by Cornpanzer
    But Bob, the Blue paint sets it apart from all of those "run of the mill" silver and white ones!
    True dat! Silver and white...so cliche . Hey I saw the moving pic of your car from the other thread and have to admit that if I saw you driving in the opposite direction I would get into an accident from rubber neckin' - LOOKING GOOD!

Yes this is the exMatsuda car with a recent paint job. I have pics of it in silver all over the house and the garage. It was a huge inspiration during the "planning/designing" phase of my car.
    _B
    Sent from a pay phone

888888 eL, Oph'eL'ia

Instagram: werk_crew
    www.werkcrew.com
    www.werkcrew.tumblr.com
    www.handofwinter.tumblr.com