Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: 1972 Engine Lid Letter Color

I have a early 71T, am I correct that the scrip on the deck lid should be silver, it currently is, however not sure if that’s original....

The Targa script on the side of the targa bar is currently black. Is it possible that the targa bar script could have been black and the deck lid script silver? Don’t sound right to me?

THANKS

unless you are the original owner of the car, you cant put trust in what is on your car. previous owners or used car dealers may change out the colors just to look cool. to figure out what is correct try finding period pictures or sales brochures.

Quote Originally Posted by 911AUS View Post
    I have a early 71T, am I correct that the scrip on the deck lid should be silver, it currently is, however not sure if that’s original....

The Targa script on the side of the targa bar is currently black. Is it possible that the targa bar script could have been black and the deck lid script silver? Don’t sound right to me?

THANKS
    71 is typically silver. What's the color of your car?
    72S, 72T now ST

Quote Originally Posted by 911kiwi View Post
    I'm sure I read somewhere that the 72T had aluminum (silver) lettering while the E & S had black anodised.
    ????? Anyone care to chime in?
    My 72 T unmolested? maybe can't be certain has aluminum letters. My car is yellow.
    Last edited by patjolson; 05-30-2020 at 10:44 AM. Reason: wanted to add

My car is pastel blue.

Further research leads me to believe that black on the roll over bar is correct. There is no mention of a silver option in the parts catalogue.

My letters started out black, have aged to a purplish color. body is metallic blue