Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ... 910111213 LastLast

Thread: eBay Sales History Thread - 911E

Year: 1972
    VIN Number: 9112200355
    Winning bid: US $16,138.00
    Date sold: Jan-15-08
    Notes: "1972 Porsche 911E 2.4 Liter engine, Mechanical Fuel Injection, 4 Speed 915 Sportamatic Transmission, 15in.Original Fuchs wheels (5) , Sunshine Roof, Duck Tail Spoiler, H4 Headlights.

He’s the third owner of this car purchasing it in April 1993, having 46,500 miles the current Odometer reading is 66,428. The car was repainted 9-20-2005 and has not been outside at all, always garaged! Replaced clutch disc and release bearing in 2004 approximately 20 miles ago. There are some minor repairs needed but engine and transmission are in good condition, accelerates and pulls real strong. Typical cracks in dash and worn carpeting.

There is some rust in forward part of engine bay, and deck below rear window. The largest flaw is that rodents cut the wiring harness under dash and in forward compartment while car was being repainted. This caused electrical problems where there is no oil quantity showing, radio, and wipers don't work. The car still starts and run fine so nothing was cut in the ignition system.

Car have always started periodically even though it has not been tagged since 2002, after sitting for months it does smoke upon initial start up for a few minutes, and then clears up. Factory shop manuals covering everything included. In 1972 there were 4,406 911E’s built having a top speed of 137 MPH.

Attention !!!!! First of all let me say I'm not a Porsche Expert so I did not know what I really have in this car, but it has been brought to my attention that it is very much desirable. It has also been brought to my attention that I should present additional information to insure no one is mislead, thus minimizing any confusion after delivery. My intent is to make sure all you Potential Buyers understand what you are bidding on, however some of you Knowledgeable Porsche Guys already knew that I did not know what I really have on my hands.

I spent a good bit of time inspecting this car with a very well versed Porsche enthusiast from Daytona Beach Florida yesterday, who specializes in older Porsche. He was able to point out some additional positive and negative things on an impartial basis, that I have chosen to pass on to you.

Negative: Rust through in Rear Package Shelf, ( I called it the Deck Under Rear Window in first description of car) has been repaired with Metal patch. Previous Sunroof leak has caused rear left Seat Bucket to be rusty and weak (Not rusted through) Left rear corner was hit sometime during first ownership, (repaired with fiberglass). Front wheels and spare are 15x6 and Rear wheels are15x7 (different size)

POSITIVE: Real metal "S" front bumper H 1 Headlights ( Valued $ 700-$1,000) Rear "RS" Ducktail combination of metal and fiberglass ( Installed @ Dealership in Stutgart Germany valued $1,500-$3,000) Suspension is "S" type (sway bar) Brakes "S" Type Hood Crest Original "ORANGE BAR" in Mint Condition

Ventillation system not in place but all of the parts are accounted for and will go with the car. Also the original owner has contacted Thee and inform him he has the original engine cover and will offer it for sale to the winning bidder if interested.

Engine Serial # 6229079, location, lower right-hand support member for the Fan Housing.

Chassis# 911 220 03 55, location, luggage compartment floor on the right hand side. "
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Peter Kane

'72 911S Targa
    Message Board Co-Moderator - Early 911S Registry #100

Year: 1970
    VIN Number: 9110210485
    Winning bid: US $22,500.00 (BIN)
    Date sold: Jan-17-08
    Notes: "Here we go Porsche seekers! Today we are listings one of the most rust free and straightest early 911 we have seen in while. The car was Purchased new here in Southern California and Delivered on 21-04-70 and been here since. ALL records from 1970 and up are with the care. The dealer stamp book and full stack of paper work are with the car! Not a single rust bubble or even a single body or metal repair has ever been done to the car EVER!!!!!!

Original MFI Engine with the engine number (6208232) written in the Log Book when new. This 2.2l engine redlines at 7000RPM and is VERY powerful! Mobile 1 engine oil used for many years. 5spd transmission shifts nicely. Very desirable Deep 6" wheels."
    Peter Kane

'72 911S Targa

Year: 1969
    VIN Number: 119200891
    Winning bid: US $9,700.00
    Date sold: Mar-01-08
    Notes: "Offered for your consideration is a rare 2 litre 1969 911E in need of restoration. A matching numbers car that is complete and has a very solid body. It seems to be nearly 100% complete and unmolested. These early small bumper cars are hard to find and beautiful when restored. This 911E is not running and is not drivable. It has lived in California and Oregon its entire life and has had no exposure to salt. We will give am accurate description of the car but please be reasonable and expect that this is a non running car that is in need of restoration.

Paint & Body

There appears to be one repaint during its life. Fenders all look excellent and show no signs of rust or prior damage. Rockers show no signs of rust. Floor pans are very good with only minor surface rust under floor carpets. Rear deck lid is original to car, appears rust free, however someone has primed it. Minor damage to the rear license plate panel but a brand new part is supplied with the car. The Hood has evidence of a repair to the front section that required filler. It appears the previous owner started to remove the filler to make a correct repair. The hood aligns and closes well. The passenger door is in excellent condition. The driver side door has some bubbles from lack of paint adhesion and a couple minor rust blisters and lower edge which will require repair. The bubbles appear small and do not seem to exceed any are larger than a dime or quarter. Front area in trunk is in good condition with just minor surface rut near battery boxes. The front area does not seem to require any panel replacement and the spare tire bump is normal. The front bumper has been replaced by a lightweight fiberglass unit.

Interior

Dash has typical cracking from sun. All Gauges and switches are original and intact. Headliner is good. Seats will need recover as the passenger seat has a tear in the lower cushion. The rear seats are good. All carpets will need to be preplaced.

Tires & Wheels

With five factory Fuchs light Alloy wheels in excellent condition. Undamaged and original.

Brakes & Suspension

Stock 4 wheel disc brakes totally complete and untouched. Will require rebuild or repair before driving.

Mechanical

was converted from mechanical fuel injection to a rare set of Weber IDA carburetors. It was professionally converted in California according to door sticker.

Engine & Engine Compartment

A matching number two liter six Cylinder that is totally complete. The registration tags expired in 1997 so the car was stored inside but not run in at least 5 years due to a bad valve. Engine has since become frozen from long storage. We have not tried to free it, but it may come loose with penetrating oil and patience. It will require a rebuild of course."
    Peter Kane

'72 911S Targa

Year: 1973
    VIN Number: 9113201124
    Winning bid: US $31,650.00
    Date sold: Mar-02-08
    Notes: "This is a rare opportunity to purchase a recently restored Porsche 911 E coupe with original driver side recaro sport seat. This car was painted correctly by taking it completely down to bare metal. There was some welding done at the bottom of each fender along with under the S deco trim. All welding was with metal and then leaded to fill. Any rust that was on this car has been addressed. The floors, front pan, and battery boxes were not touched as they were in excellent shape to begin with. I did not have this car painted the original metallic blue (335-9-3) because I always have wanted a Viper Green early 911. I never planned this car to be a trailer queen so I had it painted green for myself. I understand that a repaint in a different (although period) color may mean it is less desireable to some but so be it. There are no signs of the original blue. All rubber trim has been replaced. New Khumo tires. New headliner. Tony Garcia from Autobahn Interiors provided the German carpet along with the restoration of the original dashboard. Fuchs (15x6) have been restored. H4 headlights. Fiberglass S bumper. New windshield. Partial original tool kit along with factory jack. I removed large rear rubber bumperettes and replaced them with earlier style. I had a burnt intake valve replaced along with a leaky pushrod tube. At that time, I had aftermarket headers removed and replaced the original style steel heat exchangers. The tensioners have not been updated to Carrera style although there are chain ramps installed.

I have had quite a few early Porsche's and this car with its 2.4 motor and 915 gearbox is just a joy to drive. Vehicle runs and drives extremely well. No smoke at start-up.

VIN: 9113201124
    ENGINE #: 6231757
    ORIGINAL PAINT CODE: 335-9-3
    MILEAGE: 84,092

Note that there is not a passenger sport seat included with this car. I made a huge mistake by selling the passenger seat to help fund this restoration. The driver seat is also unrestored. Note that the driver seat has its original tilt and sliders. Door pockets are also original and have a bit of sagging.

The only reason this car is currently up for auction is to fund a early S project."
    Peter Kane

'72 911S Targa

VIN Number: 9113200094
    Winning bid: US $25,761.50
    Date sold: Mar-27-08
    Notes: "This is a 1973 Porsche 911E sunroof coupe with just about every factory option available with NO RESERVE!! It is matching numbers and has 73k original miles. Engine #6230149. The car is optioned with electric sliding sunroof, electric sliding (power) windows, full leather interior, S guages/trim, through the grill fog lamps, factory A/C, wheel arch trim, muffler skirt, steel S spoiler, engine compartment light, and 911S suspension (front calipers, front sway bars, factory Konis), toolkit. Yes, it has A LOT of great desirable options!! The interior is all original except the carpet. All the leather is original and in very good condition. It's amazing the quality leather these cars had when built; it is so thick and supple. It smells very good as well! There is one tear on the perforated leather in the drivers seat. Most all the electrics work. The previous owner removed the through the grill fog lights. I don't have either the grills or the fog lamps, although the car does have the fog light switch and wiring. Also, the engine compartment light has been removed at some point, but it is confirmed by the factory and the bracket is still there where it was mounted as well as the wiring. The car was originally Metallic Blau #334, which in my opinion is one of the most beautiful colors for an early 911. The car was painted years ago and they didn't do such a great job, but the engine compartment has not been touched, so the original blue paint is still there. The front trunk was only painted black where you can see. The car was painted on top of the original blue paint, so you can see the blue paint all along the car. I do have the original set of keys. Structurally the car is very sound and has minimal rust. The areas of rust are: on lower splash panels behind front wheels and on post door posts where the door strikers are. The sills, floors, headlamp buckets, front pan are all solid. It has the original front pan! The body fit is very nice. Gaps are great. never been wrecked. The car runs and drives great. Good oil pressure and doesn't smoke. This car is very fast. It shifts great. brakes good. After a drive is does leak a few spots of oil. Overall this is a good driver, but since I'm a purist and since this car has lots of potential, I would restore it. My intention was to do this but unfortunately other projects have gotten in the way. This car is super desirable by any early 911 enthusiast. The car also has many additional original parts included including original radio. Original toolkit and jack included."
    Peter Kane

'72 911S Targa

Year: 1971
    VIN Number: 9111200447
    Winning bid: US $4,995.00 (BIN)
    Date sold: Apr-18-08
    Notes: "1971 PORSCHE 911 E -Code#8080. Up for sale is a 1971 911E Vin#9111200447 Engine#6210687. The car needs lots of work. The car has been modified with the wide body steel flares. The car has been sitting for a couple of years after it lightly taped a pole. The damage is very minor and the car can be saved. The battery tray is gone and there is rust in the driver's side floor pan. This would be a great car to make into a racer project or RS Project with lots of work. The wheels are the best thing about it and the engine turns over but I have no idea on the last time it was running. Well the car is being sold AS/IS with no warranty implied. This car needs complete restoration and needs everything."
    Peter Kane

'72 911S Targa

Year: 1971
    VIN Number: 9111210779
    Winning bid: US $3,452.00
    Date sold: May-04-08
    Notes: "1971 Porsche 911 E Targa

Exterior is light yellowish-tan

Complete with the exception of missing engine compartment pans. Interior is complete and in good shape.

Kansas Car

Very little rust on the body, no dents.

All trim is good

Original wheels

Targa Top needs recovered.

All glass is good.

THIS IS A FACTORY AIR MODEL - Good or Bad? Depends on your preference. I have some A/C parts (compressor and coils)

I do not have the porsche engine. It has a Chevy 350 engine - Renegade Conversion engine. Carboretor needs rebuilt.

Runs good, but car does need completeing or restore it back to original.

It has not been butchered up.

The car runs and drives, but should be hauled on a trailer."
    Peter Kane

'72 911S Targa

VIN Number: 119210731
    Winning bid: US $15,850.00
    Date sold: May-09-08
    Notes: "SUPER NICE 911E---VERY SOLID---LO MILE EXAMPLE---DRIVES INCREDIBLE---VERY STRONG----WEBERS---SPORT EXHAUST----NO RUST---LOTS OF RECORDS AND RECEIPTS"
    Peter Kane

'72 911S Targa

VIN Number: 9113210566
    Winning bid: US $48,000.00
    Date sold: May-12-08
    Notes: "The car has only had 2 owners prior to me since new. Both of them were experimental jet fighter pilots. The pilot who owned the car before me has to be one of the most particular Porsche owners I have ever known. Everything on this car had to be perfect. Everything.

He purchased the car in the early '80's and proceeded to enter it in PCA car shows with some success. In his desire for perfection, the car was put on a waiting list with the Porsche factory in Germany for a cosmetic restoration. One day the factory called and his spot on 'the list' had come up. As there was short notice, the car was FLOWN over to Europe as to arrive in time for work to begin. The importing visa for the car lists the milage as 40,500 miles and the year was 1988.

This 911 was not only cosmetically restored, but was modified/updated to allow it to be registered and driven on European roads. H4's, rear fog lights, front mounted thru the grill driving lights, Euro lenses, updated seat belts, and a passenger side rear view mirror (to aide vision while performing high speed lane changes on the Autobahn) were added. Once the restoration was completed, the owner stayed in Belgium for 3 months and drove the car all over Europe. I have the European insurance, vehicle inspection, and deportation documentation along with the actual license plate that was on the car while it was driven throughout Europe. I also have many small pink and white part invioce tags from Porsche/Audi for some of the work that was done on the car while overseas and a photo album showing the car during restoration and being shown at Concours events (The 8 First Place Awards/Trophies I have go to the new buyer) .

Chassis Number: 9113210566

Engine Type/Number: 911/52; #6231106

Transmission Type/Number: 915/02; #7336417

Paint Code: #700 - Black

Condition:

Body and Chassis - Factory S type front spoiler, chrome instead of black grills, anodized lettering, S body moldings, and rare chrome wheel arch moldings . All 5 of the wheels are a chrome and black factory 15x6 Fuch. The wheels are perfect. NO curb rash, scratches, or nicks. The car is rust free with the original front and passenger compartment floor pans. I have used POR15 on many unseen areas of the car that are prone to rust as a prevention for any problems in the future. There was a very small amount of paint bubbling at the base of the windshield and rear Targa window when I purchased the car. The windows were removed from the car, the window jambs were sandblasted, and these areas were repainted. You can't tell that any work was done as the rubber window striping lays over these areas. The remaining paint on the car is in truely excellent condition. There are only a couple visable stone chips on the front and one ding that is on the passenger side up by the targa chrome. It is smaller than the size of an eraser head. Body gaps on the car are excellent as is the chrome, rubber gaskets, and glass. The targa top is in superior condition.

Interior - The interior is as you would expect to see it in near new condition from the 1970's (The brown vinyl and carpets look stunning combined with the black exterior). The sport seats were sold off out of the car by the prior owner long before my purchase. He would not share with me what happened to them. I have spent the last 2 years looking for correct seats with the correct vinyl. A perfect match to the original vinyl is not available. I got lucky and acquired the set of used sport seats that are in the car now. They are in excellent condition and are the original brown vinyl. The carpet is a super thick German wool from Tony at Autobahn interiors and is brand new. The dash was replaced during the European restoration and is perfect. The sun visors, gauges, and switch gear are all in superior condition. The radio is an aftermarket unit, but is not the DIN type so the dash has not been hacked up. There are no speaker cutouts in the door panels or speaker wire holes drilled in the doors or door jambs.

Mechanicals - The cars starts up without smoke and comes to a quiet even idle. The motor was resealed and a major overhaul performed at 69,000 miles (current actual miles is now 79,400). The entire engine compartment has been kept in a fully detailed state. All factory emblems are in place and appear new. I had the MFI adjusted over a year ago and it is still working properly. The transmission shifts easily without any gear or syncro grinding. There has been a short shift installed. Factory sway bar. This is one strong running 911. These early E's were even quicker to 100 MPH than the 911S!

Extras - Along with the purchase of this 911 the buyer will receive:

Original tool kit
    Original Porsche black touch up stick
    Original Owner's manual and Warranty/Delivery log
    Original Key card w/ Master key and radio antenae key
    Misc delivery pamphlets and leaflets
    Belgium license plate
    European Insurance and Import/export documents
    Porsche/Audi European parts invoice stubs
    Photo album showing the restoration and some concours events the car competed in.
    8 First place awards from Concours and PCA car shows
    Many misc. receipts for work and service preformed on the car dating back to 1980"
    Peter Kane

'72 911S Targa

VIN Number: 119200466
    Winning bid: US $11,600.00
    Date sold: Jun-06-08
    Notes: "1969 Porsche 911 E, chassis 119200466 with a 2.0L 911T engine 6195744. This car was originally purchased to be converted into a vintage racecar, but after I got the car it was just too nice. I’ve cleaned up the car and made some repairs and have decided to sell. The car has not been restored, but is very clean and solid and does have the original 14 inch Fuchs. The previous owners were not Porsche enthusiasts and they didn’t keep any history of the car. The interior is clean but not perfect. The carpets are old and worn in places. The floor mats are not stock, but they look good. The dash also has a non-stock dash cover. The interior has a new headliner, but when they did the install they covered interior lights. Overall the paint is in good shape but upon up-close inspection you will notice a few scratches in some areas. For some reason the driver side door’s fitment is not perfect, this may have been replaced at some point. I’ve included a photo to try and illustrate this. The right front fender has a small spot of rust by the wheel (in the normal place). The floor pan is in good original shape and the front suspension pan was recently replaced. The engine is fitted with Weber IDA carbs and oil fed tensioners. The engine runs and idles well. The total miles of engine are unknown, as this is not the original engine that came with the car. The engine does smoke a little from a cold start, but runs clean after that and I don’t see any smoke while driving. It also drips a little oil but nothing out of the ordinary. It presently has a 67 911 S distributor which probably needs a rebuild as the advance curve does not match the engine."
    Peter Kane

'72 911S Targa