Thread: Putting a 3.0 in a 69 E will that hurt it's value

Putting a 3.0 in a 69 E will that hurt it's value

Question for the collective wisdom of the board. I am picking up a 69 E coupe in a few days, looks like a very nice straight car. The dilema is this I have a 914/6 GT clone sitting my garage with a fresh 3.0 with 964 cams in it. Should I swap motors between 2 cars. The E motor has had it's MFI removed or I would not consider the swap, the car will be mainly used on street and I like the idea of CIS from a driveability standpoint even though I hate the throttle response.
    Cheers,
    Phil

If the car is all original with matching numbers then I would say yes, that the 3.0 could de-value it. In a non original car however I would think that the 3.0 would increase the value.

The setups for these two motors are not so different that you can't undo the swap for that matter down the road and I think the 3.0 is a much better choice for a street car.
    Bobby
    71' Olive 2.2E Targa / Early S #491

I've always considered the glass to be half full...that is until I reached middle age and realized that it is actually half empty.

Do the 3.0!

Hello: What I would do is put the 3.0 in with the carbs that are on the 2.0 engine. You will love the throttle response and the power increase. The cis system is just not very power friendly and are getting expensive to repair. Thanks Eric

The motor is still matching but the car has been slightly hot rodded Rs door panels and recaros, those can be swapped out later. I have to drive it for a while and decide. I would probably end up with webers on the 3.0.
    Thanks,
    Phil

Valuations mean nothing. That is, unless you plan on selling at a future date.
    OR...you are going nutzo, like me, trying to figure out what to insure the critter for? My big question there is how much would it cost to buy a car that would yield as much fun as the car I now have? I know I'd never find a true replacement...
    Paul D. Early S Registry #8 - Cyclops Minister of West Coast Affairs
    "Now, to put a water-cooled engine in the rear and to have the radiator in the front, that's not very intelligent." -Ferry Porsche (PANO, Oct. 1973)

Put the #s matching engine on a pallet in the corner of the garage. It will then be at your fingertips should you ever need to reinstall it.
    Kenik
    - 1969 911S
    - 1965/66 911
    - S Reg #760
    - RGruppe #389

Quote Originally Posted by kenikh
    Put the #s matching engine on a pallet in the corner of the garage. It will then be at your fingertips should you ever need to reinstall it.
    Exactly!
    Jim Richards
    Aubergine 1973 911E Sunroof Coupe w/ 2.7RS MFI
    Early 911S Registry Member #589
    GruppeB #911