Thread: Any Porsche diecast collectors out there?

Any Porsche diecast collectors out there?

I have a number of cars from my childhood plus a number of new cars in 1:43. I'll see if I can post some. Please share yours in this thread.
    Peter Kane

'72 911S Targa
    Message Board Co-Moderator - Early 911S Registry #100

I've got around 200 1:43 Porsches (and about 300 non-Porsches!) in my collection. It used to be bigger, I sold much of the non-Porsche stuff. I've also got a few oddball Porsche slot cars and remote control cars from the 70's. A couple of my favorite diecast are these 2 models I got from Brazil. They were specially made for Stuttgart Sportcar in Rio and depict a couple of the cars they sponsered at Daytona. The other one is non-Porsche but is the 2000 LeMans winning Audi R8 signed by all 3 drivers.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Don't get me going on early "redline" Hot Wheels. My eBay ID is 68redlines73.
    Peter Kane

'72 911S Targa

No worries. All's fair in eBay and war.
    Peter Kane

'72 911S Targa

I can proudly say that I helped restore and have had the privilege to drive the 1:1 version of this model...

http://www.alpimodel.com/minichamps/430756954.html
    Peter Kane

'72 911S Targa

Really?! What's the story?

The short story is that a long-time friend of mine located two '74 Carrera RSR's in Hong Kong in the late 1980's. After much ado, they made their way to California. They turned out to be the well-known Jagermeister car and the Fotoquelle car (a Christophorus cover car). Both were raced as received for a period (with 935 body work) before going through a full restorations. The Jagermeister car still remains in California while the Fotoquelle car is now in the Pacific Northwest. I got to drive the orange car in several hillclimbs before it was restored and I drove it at its unveiling at the 1990 Parade at Laguna Seca. I count myself quite fortunate!
    Peter Kane

'72 911S Targa